Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Members Wanted

(Montgomery County)

Time weeds out the weak. A couple of weeks ago I culled all the gun forums down to two. This one, Guns & Women and once in a while the I.D.P.A. forum.

I didn't feel I was gaining anything from the others.

(Westmoreland County)

Default My forum

My intention is not to take any one away from this forum or others.I spend many hours Reading post at allot of gun forums.allot of the time you see the same subject posted but many different answers thats why i go back and forth to all the forums. I don't post very often i like to read allot and enjoy what other people have to say about guns. my attempt at my so called gun forum is to provide just another place for me or others to go.Like the many others out there. If my forum is a flop so be it no big deal. when i first came upon this forum i joined right away because I'm from PA. This is a great site and I'm proud to be a member her and i hope it grows huge.

Thank you. RUDY850

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by RUDY850
    My intention is not to take any one away from this forum or others.I spend many hours Reading post at allot of gun forums.allot of the time you see the same subject posted but many different answers thats why i go back and forth to all the forums. I don't post very often i like to read allot and enjoy what other people have to say about guns. my attempt at my so called gun forum is to provide just another place for me or others to go.Like the many others out there. If my forum is a flop so be it no big deal. when i first came upon this forum i joined right away because I'm from PA. This is a great site and I'm proud to be a member her and i hope it grows huge.

Thank you. RUDY850
    Thanks for joining RUDY, we're all glad to have you.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp
    The way I look at it is the market will determine what forums live and die. Many of the users I have here came from someone posting a link on another forum so I can't really fault anyone for doing the same, it really is the most efficient way to spread the word because you are bringing your idea to the attention of people who you know share your interest and are already familiar with forums.

Really, I just don't care, I'm quite confident that PAFOA has filled a need that was NOT being served (a good community to share information related to our direct interests as local gun owners.) I am not running this forum for any other reason than the fact that I wanted a place to talk to other shooters in the area. Beyond that goal I have no interest in "competing" with other general gun discussion forums as sites like glocktalk and ARFCOM have already filled that niche (quite well)
    True enough. Maybe I jumped on you too quickly Rudy. Best of luck with your site.
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

(Allegheny County)

Smile New forum Membership ?

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01
    I gotta be honest with ya..

I think there are entirely too many gun forums already on the net.

Instead of making new one, why dont you use your resources to better one thats already established?
    I agree with Diego 01 in this matter too, I wonder why Rudy850 don't just join us here in PAFOA instead....the more....the merrier !!

I belong to a few forums and I like this one because the people are local and the members have been pretty good. I suppose as a forum grows, the risk of having trolls also increases. I would be perfectly happy if the forum stayed small and friendly. I am actually getting tired of ARF and GT due to the nonsense that goes on at those sites.

I really enjoy this forum, and I like the "small and tight knit" feel of it. Rudy, our apologies if someone jumped on you a bit prematurely. We're glad that you're here and reading and now making some posts. I've been really pleased myself with how danp has ran this forum and with all the new friends I've made on here. Thank you danp for all the hard work you do and how things run, I believe it's a nice efficient machine.

(Westmoreland County)

I usually just like to read forum's. But lately i'v been getting some practice at the key board and its actually fun to participate. O ya i got spell checker also now so that helps. So here I am

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12