Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Credit Card company BS! - And great customer service!

Unfucking real!

I have a Cabelas Credit card and I use it a lot and buy a LOT from Cabelas... apparently somewhere in the fine print I missed the line that says "If you charge over your balance we will allow the transaction to complete however we will charge you a 39.00 fee, regardless of how much was charged or when it is paid off.

I just enrolled at school on 1/14 evening and knew I had a little more then 1500.00 open on my card, with a payment going in on 1/16. I put my tuition and books on the card, no issues, no refusal or anything, no issues. Classes cost a little more then I had planned, as did books.

Just looked at my statement and the mother fucking card company charged me a 39.00 "Overcharge fee" for going 21.00 over my limit! Are you fucking kidding me?!?! Its a credit card, if I hit my limit refuse the damn purchase!

god damnit

*** UPDATE ***

Wow just called them up to request having the ability to go over taken off and they said no problem (I never even knew that CC companies would let you go over!?!?) , I asked if they'd take off the 39.00 charge and they said they would as a one time courtesy, sweet.

Outstanding service! No impact to my credit line or interest rate or anything!
    Last edited by Dredly; January 16th, 2009 at 09:38 PM.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Default Re: Credit Card company BS!

Deep breathes *in and out in and out*
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

I had a cabelas card and had problems right off the bat. I got the very first bill the second notice and third payup now all with in one week. The payup now was nasty so I canceled the card and now have a club card that is not there credit card and I am much happier.
    Grizz
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Unfucking real!

I have a Cabelas Credit card and I use it a lot and buy a LOT from Cabelas... apparently somewhere in the fine print I missed the line that says "If you charge over your balance we will allow the transaction to complete however we will charge you a 39.00 fee, regardless of how much was charged or when it is paid off.

I just enrolled at school on 1/14 evening and knew I had a little more then 1500.00 open on my card, with a payment going in on 1/16. I put my tuition and books on the card, no issues, no refusal or anything, no issues. Classes cost a little more then I had planned, as did books.

Just looked at my statement and the mother fucking card company charged me a 39.00 "Overcharge fee" for going 21.00 over my limit! Are you fucking kidding me?!?! Its a credit card, if I hit my limit refuse the damn purchase!

god damnit
    Sucks, man. The last thing a credit card issuer wants to do is decline a card purchase. So of course they will find ways to screw you.

If this is the first time this has happened with this card, it wouldn't hurt to call customer service, explain what happened and ask if they will waive the fee.

They just might do it one time as a "courtesy" for you.

(Lawrence County)

That's ok dude... i JUST found out someone has stolen my CHECK CARD that's attached to my checking account!!!!! they've just today ran up some pretty hefty charges... it seems as though i paid a TON of money for someone to eat at Steel city restaurants today.... hope that shit was good!
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(York County)

Bmarshall91 I'm sorry to hear that but it made me laugh. No good can come from credit cards. Watch your interest rate they can raise it for going over your limit. Also in the small print.

(Lancaster County)

Unfucking real!

god damnit
    You think that's bad. My bank charges you $35 for authorizing the charge and another $35 when the charge actually posts to your account. They claim you can opt out of this and that is is for our convenience. I only overdrafted by 12 cents the first charge and $4 on the second charge. Bam just like that $140 in fees. BS man and I feel your pain!

Unfucking real!

god damnit
    Sorry you got hit, and I can appreciate your frustration, but it's your responsibility to read the fine print. You agree to play by their rules. I’ve had a Cabela’s visa for about 8-10 yrs. Never had an issue. In fact they are a pleasure compared to some of the others I’ve had over the years. You exceeded you credit limit by a small amount. I’d call customer service and hash it out. A couple times I was a few days late on a payment. I called them and they waived the late fee. Granted I almost always pay off my card, don’t know if that made a difference.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lehigh County)

Unfucking real!

god damnit

Can you drop a few more F'bombs and a few other choice words? Nice.

Banks, like Government contracts, are adversarial

Join a Credit Union

IN DOG WE TRUST
    OBEY THE YELLOW LAB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast