Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Anti-gun folks, don't read this!

8 Employees Stabbed at Tenn. Grocery Store
    By WOODY BAIRD, Associated Press Writer
    Sat Jul 22, 0:42 AM

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - A knife-wielding grocery store employee attacked eight co-workers Friday, seriously injuring four before a witness pulled a gun and stopped him, police said.

Elartrice Ingram, 21, was charged with nine counts of attempted first-degree murder, police said. The attack apparently stemmed from a work dispute, investigators said.

Four victims, one in critical condition, were admitted to the Regional Medical Center, the main trauma hospital for the Memphis area. Four others were less badly hurt and treated at another hospital. Seven of the victims were stabbed, while another suffered heat-related symptoms while being chased, police said.

Another person was threatened, resulting in the nine charges against Ingram, The Commercial Appeal reported.

Ingram, chasing one victim into the store's parking lot, was subdued by Chris Cope, manager of a financial services office in the same small shopping center, Memphis Police Sgt. Vince Higgins said.

Cope said he grabbed a 9mm semiautomatic pistol from his pickup truck when he saw the attacker chasing the victim "like something in a serial killer movie."

"When he turned around and saw my pistol, he threw the knife away, put his hands up and got on the ground," Cope told The Associated Press. "He saw my gun and that was pretty much it."

Police arrived within minutes and took the Ingram into custody.

"He just kept saying, 'I'm insane. I wish I was never born' and that kind of stuff," Cope said.

The attack started in an employee area of the Schnucks supermarket on the outskirts of Memphis and no customers were involved, Higgins said.

Police said two large kitchen knives used in the attack were found at the scene.

Witness Frank Rector said the attacker held a knife high in a stabbing position as he chased a victim into the parking lot. The victim, Rector said, "was circling, trying to get away from him."

The ages of the victims were not immediately released. Higgins and a company spokeswoman said all the victims were employees of the store.

The spokeswoman said officials from the St. Louis-based company were on their way to the scene.

Higgins said police were pulling into the parking lot as Cope was confronting Ingram.

"We commend him," Higgins said. "But we don't encourage people to take that kind of risk. He could have been hurt."

(Bucks County)

Ready for this one? Prepare to soil thyselves. I Googled the attacker's name (Lord only knows why) and discovered this:

http://www.mtsu.edu/~proffice/deansl...list_may06.txt

Two months ago, he was named to the Dean's List at Middle Tennessee State University. Unless, of course, there is another college-aged Elartrice Ingram running around Tennessee. I'm guessing not.

In a related story, New York and California sign bills to ban kitchen knives and set aside millions of tax dollars for a study to analyze the psychological effects of working in a supermarket.

Finally, a toast to Mr. Cope for stepping in. Nine out of ten would run like squirrels.
    Last edited by Arcana71; November 19th, 2008 at 03:49 AM.

Edit, I was asked to remove name and reference
    Google? whats that Try www.webcrawler.com and you get more info, including this video http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/medi...videoId=182892
    Last edited by Frenchy; November 19th, 2008 at 10:39 AM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

The first video mentions Cope just briefly as a passing thought to include him in the story. And in the video of Cope's story, they say "some people" think he might be a hero and that he "may" have saved lives! It's scary that "some people" think otherwise. Concidering the kid already stabbed multiple people and was chasing someone around the lot with a knife. I would say that qualifies Mr Cope as a full blown hero in my book. Although i'm sure some investigative reporter will find some dirt on Mr Cope, a couple unpaid parking tickets or maybe some late library books or something.