Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Utah CCW Course - Benefit for shefearsnothing's Legal Defense Fund

*This event raised just over $1600 for Meleanie, most of which ($1220) was paid directly to her on the day of the class, and did not pass through the 'donation account'. Thank you to everyone, especially Jason, for making this event a GREAT success!!*

Utah CCW Course - Benefit for Meleanie Hain's Legal Defense Fund
    Venue: Hellertown Sportsmen's Association, Hellertown, PA
    Address: 1793 Meadows Road, Hellertown, PA 18055
    Date: Saturday October 11, 12-4 pm
    Cost: $80
    (When making payment, please note that your $80 is for Melanie's Utah CCW Class)
    Paypal: gnbrotz AT embarqmail DOT com

Checks:
    Greg Rotz
    1508 Guilford Station Rd
    Chambersburg, PA 17202

You may also pay the day of the course.

Course Length: 4 hours. Please pre-register by email with the subject "Soccer Mom CCW Benefit". Please include your name and phone number (cell preferred) in the email. I will send out a list of contact numbers on our side the week of the course in case you need to call someone the day of the course.

Lodging: Holiday Inn Express Bethlehem (10 minutes from Range)
    Address: 2201 Cherry Lane, Bethlehem, PA 18055
    Phone: (877) 531-5084

If you have already donated to Meleanie's defense and would like to attend the course contact Greg (gnbrotz). You will still need to register by email with me as I will need to prepare course materials and have the classroom prepared.

The venue we are using has been graciously donated by Hellertown Sportsmen Association. Their hall can seat upwards of 100.

I hope to see a ton of people on Saturday Oct 11!

Jason Schafer
    JSHolsters, LLC

ETA: Finger Printing and Notary Services are locked in, Linda will get back to me with a per person fee.

The volunteer for the Passport Photos encountered an unexpected scheduling conflict. The Rite Aid just down the street from the club will do passport photos:

Saturday: Rite Aid
    photos: 10 am - 7pm
    (610) 838-7371
    110 Main St
    Hellertown, PA

$7.99 for two photos

I recommend coming a little early and doing the passport photos, Rite Aid prints the photos with minimal delay.

Also, CVS does Passport Photos as well:

Cvs Pharmacy
    (610) 838-5611
    1332 Main St
    Hellertown, PA

Photos: 9 am - 9pm
    $7.99 for two photos
    Last edited by gnbrotz; October 17th, 2008 at 06:19 AM. Reason: add final funds total

Default Re: Utah CCW Course - Benefit for shefearsnothing's Legal Defense Fund

In the mail today.

I am in for the course. I am always looking for more training, plus it is going to a great cause. I'll contact Greg.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    I am in for the course. I am always looking for more training, plus it is going to a great cause. I'll contact Greg.
    Great to hear. I look forward to meeting you on Oct 11.

Jason

(Philadelphia County)

Email sent.

(Northampton County)

re: bringing guns/ammo to the Utah Course.

By Statute, Utah does not require live fire. The statute does require a safety course and introduction to Utah Statutes.

I attended my recert in Utah earlier this year and opinions differed greatly on live fire. The BCI folks leave it to the discretion of the Instructor but also mandate that any additional teaching in the course first meet BCI Approval.

Hopefully we will have a tremendous turnout. I am not above scheduling a "live fire" course not related to the Utah CCW at a future date. We can also discuss the variety of NRA Certificate courses available, I'm certified to train students and Instructors in all Pistol, Rifle, & Shotgun disciplines as well as conduct workshops to train Training Counselors.

The volume of email I have received regarding this warms my heart. I look forward to meeting a great group of gun owners for the benefit class and will likely forge many new friendships.

You should pat yourselves on the back for your willingness to step up and provide financial and emotional support for Meleanie. Hopefully we can give her a great confidence boost in the days leading up to her hearing.

Jason
    Last edited by js1050; September 27th, 2008 at 05:38 PM.

Email sent!

(Franklin County)

Another question that may come up is whether or not you enforce a "cold classroom". I know NRA courses require this, but the UT class I sat for did not. If this is a requirement, it might be best to make folks aware ahead of time.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Another question that may come up is whether or not you enforce a "cold classroom". I know NRA courses require this, but the UT class I sat for did not. If this is a requirement, it might be best to make folks aware ahead of time.
    Good question!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    "Cold Classroom"? What's that?

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast