Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Lost Wallet, Lost Card, What Now

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    ...and to actually carry the copy, and keep the original secured.

Its legal to carry a copy?

(Wayne County)

I never had to renew my LTCF when I lived in Media. When I moved to Wayne Co., the Sheriff's office gives you the original and a reduced size photo copy w/ photo and laminates it for wallet carry. The photocopy has the "new" boxed checked (obviously since it's a photo copy). I would presume since the Sheriff's office is the one issuing the dupe it can't be too far off base. (Notice I said PREsume and not ASSume)

So does each county get to decide which hoops you have to jump through? It seems that getting a replacement should a similar process to obtaining a replacement driver's license. But I guess that would be too easy....

Question about carrying a copy of card--do you think that [Philadelphia] cops would accept a copy rather than the actual card??

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by dodgefolks View Post
    Its legal to carry a copy?
    While there is no wording that I can point to, I will note that several have reported being told by their Sheriff's office to make a copy, and store the original in a safe place. AFAIK, this has always been for the plain paper version, as they would wear quickly, but if it's legal for one version, it would seem to me that it would be legal for the other.

I also keep copies in my vehicles and a backpack, just in case.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Write2ARight View Post
    Question about carrying a copy of card--do you think that [Philadelphia] cops would accept a copy rather than the actual card??
    Maybe not, but remember, many of these same cops will tell you that unless it's a "Philadelphia license", it's no good in Philly.

A copy provides the same "proof of licensure" as the original. It contains all information necessary to validate your status as a LTCF holder.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Maybe not, but remember, many of these same cops will tell you that unless it's a "Philadelphia license", it's no good in Philly.

A copy provides the same "proof of licensure" as the original. It contains all information necessary to validate your status as a LTCF holder.
    Not to stray off-topic here, but will Philadelphia police seize a license from another county? Will they arrest you if you are carrying in Philly with a LTCF that was issued in another PA county??

(Tioga County)

I have heard it has happened. I would point out they are not authorized to do that. Only the issuing authority may seize or revoke the LTCF.

I don't think there even a philly cop dumb enough to arrest you for having an out of county LTCF

Not to stray off-topic here, but will Philadelphia police seize a license from another county? Will they arrest you if you are carrying in Philly with a LTCF that was issued in another PA county??
    USNRET '61-'81

So does each county get to decide which hoops you have to jump through? It seems that getting a replacement should a similar process to obtaining a replacement driver's license. But I guess that would be too easy....

No probably not. But look at everything else they do which has no legal merit.

AFAIK there is no restriction in the UFA that keeps me from copying my permit and carrying that copy. In fact some counties still issue paper.
    I have multiple scanned copies (that I made at the drug store) that I keep in all our vehicles and with my hunting license, so I don't need to bring my wallet.

I do keep my original in my wallet because in my county I can get a replacement almost immediately.
    If I lived in a county, which levied unnecessary restrictions and burdens on me to obtain a replacement you bet I would carry a copy instead.

To get back to the OP it is also my belief that a licensed individual whose permit has expired but has possessed a valid LTCF within the past 6 months (?) and has not become a prohibited individual during that time is still covered by the expired permit. So also IMO that should cover the OP should he run into trouble. It shouldn't even matter if his permit is not due to expire. Again Philly who the hell knows they do what they want.

I’m too tired (lazy) to look up the specific verbiage at the moment and I am not stating this as fact but JMHO and what I likely would do in the same situation.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by resipsa View Post
    Alright. I called Delco and the story is that they do not issue replacement cards. To get a new card I would just have to start from scratch and apply again, only this time I would have to write them a letter explaining the circumstances surrounding the loss of the card.

So there you have it.
    What a bunch of crap, I had mine get damaged from rain in my wallet, they gave me a new one w/out charge. Lebanon County, told them don't make me call SFN

I got the new one laminated so no more water issues
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Delaware County)

FWIW, my wife lost her purse recently, in it, among other things, was her LTCF and her Utah CWP.

I wrote the sheriff of DELCO for what she needs to do, the responce:

Your wife needs to come in and reapply. It will cost a total of $51.00. $46.00 if for the new license and $5.00 is the notary fee for the notarized affidavit she must sign stating the original permit is lost. If you have any questions, please call Kim at 610-891-4297.

For Utah, a simple downloadable form from their website, $10, a noterized note (on the form) explaining what happened and a copy of her DL.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast