Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Florida out of state permit application

Has anyone used their USPSA classification card as proof of participation in a firearms competition to satisfy the training requirement?

Anyone from Delaware County know if the Media Sheriff's Office will use ink or the Live Scan for the prints? How does one go about getting his prints taken? Just show up at the office and ask?

All advice appreciated.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Florida out of state permit application

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Has anyone used their USPSA classification card as proof of participation in a firearms competition to satisfy the training requirement?

Anyone from Delaware County know if the Media Sheriff's Office will use ink or the Live Scan for the prints? How does one go about getting his prints taken? Just show up at the office and ask?

All advice appreciated.
    One approach is to go to one of those sessions at local ranges where they do it all in the one day: the fingerprints, the class, the notary, the photos, and the form.

Your closest place might be Double Action. See the front page at:

http://www.personaldefensesolutions.net

...I did all the separate errands by myself, piecemeal, and it was a time-consuming PITA.

(Delaware County)

Bump. Has anyone used the "proof of competition" option for their Florida training requirements? What proof did you use?

(Northumberland County)

I got a Florida CCW permit a few years ago and used my DD214, if you were former military, not sure if that that still acceptable though. And I just walked into a cop shop in California with the fingerprint cards that Florida provided and paid a small fee and they took my prints. The packet they send along with the application is very detailed, but that was 10 years ago it may all be different now.
    "You never lived till you almost died, for those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post

All advice appreciated.
    Your USPSA classification card will not qualify or satisfy you for your Florida permit. If you have the application and instruction manual please refer to question 6 on page 1 of the manual. The only way a card from a sportsman club showing you are an experienced competitor would be if you can get a qualified instructor to give you a notarized statement stating they have observed you safely discharge your arm.

I think the manual is available on line at the Florida Dept. of Agriculture. If it is you can look over the list in question #6 and it is very clear what they will accept.
    Here are a few.

The above notarized statement I mentioned.
    Copy of a Honorable Discharge from our armed forces or a DD214.
    A certificate of an organization that shows you completed a handgun safety course withe the mane of the instructor and organization on it.n (Example NRA course).
    Copy of your NRA competitors care or similar documentation.(Hmmm, I may be wrong you may qualify on this one) I would call the FDOA.
    Copy of your firearms instructors certificate.
    Copy oif your NRA training certificate.
    A state Fish and Wildlife education certificate or card.
    A copy of a prior held Florida permit.
    the license number and signature of your firearms instructor.

So after I read the requirement more closely you very well my qualify. Call the FDOA at 850-488-5381

Best of luck
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

(Chester County)

I used my hunter education from NYS conservation and water ways. I used that the first time and then on renewal 2 times after I stated I still meet the requirements and they had my old FL license number.

Then I did the finger print thing. I went to the local PD told him what I needed and why and he took them. First time at the sheriff he didnt do the prints properly. The second time at local PD they were fine.

The local PD asked me why I wanted this. He though I was moving there and I told him I go to FL for vacation a lot and the license is good for approx 29 states including DE. He had no idea FL had that much recoprocity.

(Delaware County)

Best advice is to call FDOA. they are anal about making sure things are by the booklet. If you follow directions to the letter, and ask questions on anything your not certain, then you will have your permit in about 90 days. Just a word of educated advice, Dont let any abrevations on the fingerprint form, except what they say in the booklet. PSP abrevatied Pennsylvania State Police and I had to resubmit, cost me 25 days.

(Delaware County)

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess a call to Florida is cheap insurance.