Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: local shop?

(Chester County)

Default Re: local shop?

Quote Originally Posted by vpalace View Post
    OK, I have to ask, what is the situation with Hi-Point and Norristown?
    Cheap guns + bad area = no sale.

(Delaware County)

I too would highly recommend King Shooters. I recently purchased a new Ruger Mini-14 from them. They seem like nice people to deal with. They are always at the Valley Forge Gun Shows as well.

I have also had good experiences at French Creek Outfitters in Phoenixville, PA. Yea I know -- it is a bit of a drive but it can be a nice drive through the Valley Forge National Park. They also have a real nice indoor range as well.

(Philadelphia County)

+1 for King Shooters. Nice fellas. Will order stuff for you they don't have and prices are competitive.

Old Odd Otherwise in Prospect Park is a quirky shop with a ton of (sometimes weird) stock that seems to change pretty frequently.

My other favorite shop a little further out is Locks on Frankford Ave in NE Philly. Really good selection.

(Montgomery County)

i've been doing all my business at French Creek outfitters and New Holland Sportsman Shop for the last few years now. used to use Gun Craft on McDade, by 420 until they closed.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.

(Delaware County)

I only have 1 firearm for now but plan to get many more. I purchased my S&W M&P 45 at Miller's because the price was so much cheaper than Target Master or anywhere else. I can see where people thinks he ignores you but I think he's just old. He was nice to me and he has that rude/sarcastic sense of humor but it didn't really bother me. Atleast I was able to walk around the store(though very small) without someone asking me if I needed something every 2 minutes.

The store in Collingdale is small and the selection sucks but owner is a nice guy.

Target Master has a huge selection but the prices are high and the vast majority of the staff are fucking assholes. God forbid you don't know everything there is to know about firearms and you have some questions before making a major purchase...they kind of roll there eyes and start looking around while talking to you. I'll only ever go there for their range especially since I'm gonna be moving down the street soon.

(Delaware County)

With regards to Millers, I can see someone have a sarcastic sense of humor when they are selling footballs or shoes, but we are dealing with firearms, not toys, and I personally don't like being ignored or treating like an asshole when I am about to make a $600+ purchase.

Suburban Armory is a little downgraded, but I agree, the owner is a very nice person and a pleasure to talk to.

I can see animosity towards Targetmaster. If you don't know the guys who work there, they can seem rough. But myself being a member, I get hellos all the time and can talk to any of them for a good half hour or so. It only took coming there 3x a week to use the range and my first 2 purchases to kind of get them to relax a bit. I go there every few weeks and I can't say anything bad about them. But I do see them walking around when people are trying to talk to them or asking questions, and they do seem to get annoyed. I guess that's just them.

(Delaware County)

I use Millers for all of my ammo (cheaper than any online store) and reloading supply purchases. Millers also has the best prices on firearms hands down. I have only made a couple of purchases there though b/c I find much better prices on the net. I like Kingshooters b/c it's a nice shop and Roger is a good guy. The only thing I hate about King Shooters is the ignorant woman that works there. She seems to find a way to offend me or a friend everytime I'm there. Bottomline for me, go out and handle a gun in the stores where ever you choose to go. Then find what you wnat online for a much better price. Then have it shipped to Richard Hughey in Aston for you transfer which he only charges $25. That's how I shop.

(Delaware County)

I just bought a Handgun at Millers. I dealt with the wife. He barely said a word to me. I think he is just that way IMHO. He is not very personable, I agree. Then 2 guys came in that he knew and he seemed very talkative. I think he needs to know you, I guess. Not a good trait for retail sales though....lol. Suburban Armory is a nice guy, just a small shop and not so good prices. TargetMaster's, have fun.

(Delaware County)

Has anyone else heard of the death of Dom DiPlacedo of Old Odd and Otherwise in Prospect Park? If true, it will probably be the end of another gun store in Del. Co. Not known if any family member has an interest in the business.

Dom did pass away,GOD Bless him and his Family.Everything in the store is up for grabs

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast