Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm

Anyone have any first hand knowledge about this gun. I've read alot of reviews about the Pro line, but most of the feedback is about the .45 and .40Although my next gun was going to be a .45, I've decided to get this instead. I didn't go with the pro 45 because it seems like half the people love it and half had to send it back to Taurus for repairs. But I've heard nothing bad about the 9mm. I pick it up Friday unless you change my mind! Thanks

Default Its all about price these days.

Quote Originally Posted by plr16
    Anyone have any first hand knowledge about this gun. I've read alot of reviews about the Pro line, but most of the feedback is about the .45 and .40Although my next gun was going to be a .45, I've decided to get this instead. I didn't go with the pro 45 because it seems like half the people love it and half had to send it back to Taurus for repairs. But I've heard nothing bad about the 9mm. I pick it up Friday unless you change my mind! Thanks
    This is the gun you want ...

This is the Sigma very comparable to the Glock or Taurus, but thinner. I own one, feeds very well, very light, simple to use.

And if you spend just a little more, this is what you will get. Here you can change the grip back to 3 different configuration. Its what i "wish" i had.. Maybe some day soon
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Ok, I now have first hand knowledge. I picked up the gun this afternoon and put almost 100 rds through it. I like it No problems.

Default Re: Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by pghplr View Post
    Old thread but im gonna settle this once and for all. I cant speak for cracked slides but I will say this. For anyone complaining about failures to feed and eject its mainly their fault. If you buy the gun and take it directly to the range in most cases there will be problems. The reason is taurus like many firearms Manufacturers pack their pistols in grease. Taurus uses more grease than any gun I have ever purchased lol, thick yellow grease.

The gun was filthy from the factory test shots. Excess lubricant causes dirt, dust and carbon build up which leads to problems. The more lube the more these things will stick and build up. I took my 24/7 pro ds 17rd 9mm completely apart and removed all the grease accept in the striker, trigger group and a few other key areas and lightly oiled it. 200rds with dead on accuracy and no failures of any kind. I saved $100-$200 on a gun with more features than any xd, glock or s&w pistol. Im happy. Next im getting a kriss. So yes, I believe this gun to be a great buy. I will say this though, the slide catch is hard to release with your shooting hand but im sure it will break in.

(Susquehanna County)

i loved, mine, easy to carry concealed, nice shooter, except i hated the looooooonnng trigger pull, then found out that there is nothing you can do about it, not even a gunsmith. traded it for a berreta m9, but again if you can overlook the trigger pull, great gun with no problems witha minimum of 700 rounds through it.

mikey

(Chester County)

Check out my signature for what I recommend.

Never shot a Taurus so can't comment.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by shunt311 View Post
    Old thread but im gonna settle this once and for all. I cant speak for cracked slides but I will say this. For anyone complaining about failures to feed and eject its mainly their fault. If you buy the gun and take it directly to the range in most cases there will be problems. The reason is taurus like many firearms Manufacturers pack their pistols in grease. Taurus uses more grease than any gun I have ever purchased lol, thick yellow grease.

The gun was filthy from the factory test shots. Excess lubricant causes dirt, dust and carbon build up which leads to problems. The more lube the more these things will stick and build up. I took my 24/7 pro ds 17rd 9mm completely apart and removed all the grease accept in the striker, trigger group and a few other key areas and lightly oiled it. 200rds with dead on accuracy and no failures of any kind. I saved $100-$200 on a gun with more features than any xd, glock or s&w pistol. Im happy. Next im getting a kriss. So yes, I believe this gun to be a great buy. I will say this though, the slide catch is hard to release with your shooting hand but im sure it will break in.
    I second that. I got my taurus and was told to clean it out very well. I have put well over 2500 rounds thru my gun. Various manufacturers (sellier&bellot, federal, cci, remington, winchester, speer, pmc, doubletap and sbr) this gun feeds everything. Not one failure or malfunction ever.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey0086 View Post
    i loved, mine, easy to carry concealed, nice shooter, except i hated the looooooonnng trigger pull, then found out that there is nothing you can do about it, not even a gunsmith. traded it for a berreta m9, but again if you can overlook the trigger pull, great gun with no problems witha minimum of 700 rounds through it.

mikey
    Oh ya, the initial trigger pull Is way too long, the following shots are much shorter. It took me a little bit to get used to this. not fully releaseing the trigger after the first shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopitamanek320 View Post
    I second that. I got my taurus and was told to clean it out very well. I have put well over 2500 rounds thru my gun. Various manufacturers (sellier&bellot, federal, cci, remington, winchester, speer, pmc, doubletap and sbr) this gun feeds everything. Not one failure or malfunction ever.
    What ammo do you think works best? I used lawman 124gr, worked good but cost a little more.