Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default is there a form you can fill out to see if you can get a firearm

my basic question is there a form you can fill out to see if you can get a firearm, is there a form you can fill out to see if you can get a firearm, a form that you could send in to the state to see if you would get an approval before you even go to the dealership, ive heard of someone doing this before, if so where would i get such documentation and how much does it cost?

(Centre County)

Default Re: is there a form you can fill out to see if you can get a firearm

Go here: http://forum.pafoa.org/question-answ...rms-check.html.

Hopefully that should answer your question.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Westmoreland County)

yah that does not help at all being that i already know about that site, and im not looking for any docket information, nor am i trying to see anything about my fbi fingerprints, ive already had that done a couple months ago,

i need to know what form i can fill out and send it to the pics customer service to see if i am eligible to purchase and carry

(Centre County)

There is no form that you can do to see what PICS might turn up. I do believe though that you can have the PSP do a background check, I know it costs something but I don't know what you have to do to do this. If it comes back clean then you should be good to go.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    ... I do believe though that you can have the PSP do a background check...
    The PATCH web site is available for persons wishing to acquire criminal history information on individuals. There is a $10.00 non-refundable fee for each request, regardless of outcome. Payment is accepted by credit card.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    The PATCH web site is available for persons wishing to acquire criminal history information on individuals. There is a $10.00 non-refundable fee for each request, regardless of outcome. Payment is accepted by credit card.
    Yep, acquiring this report, or simply knowing what you have been convicted of (no report should be needed) and comparing it yourself (or your attorney) to the prohibiting conditions as listed in 18Pa.C.S.6105 is the only way to pre-qualify *yourself*.

PICS will not run on a non purchase or non LTCF inquiry. There simply is no "form" one can fill out for the purpose of checking firearms purchase eligibility status.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie