Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Dr Phil.....Mall Shooter.....

I was flipping channels last night and stopped at the Dr. Phil show. I know the guy's a nitwit, but I still like to watch sometimes. Anyway they were talking about the mall shooting that happened about a year ago. The one where the nutcase kid walked in with an AK and took out 8 and wounded 2. Well, the one guest was the kid's mom, who was your run of the mill whackjob and unfit mother. Another guest was one of the two victims that lived, some guy(didn't catch his name). Anyway, some hemming and hawing from the guy, he doesn't want to face the kid's mom or speak to her, etc. Then after the break, of course he's suddenly changed his mind. Guess he was told, no story, no paycheck! Cut to the chase, he asks the mom two things. 1. "What are you doing to prevent this in the future?" Ok great, a typical question from someone who's lived through something like that. I can understand that. Then, he lost all my compassion with the next one. 2. "Will you stand with me in my attempt to renew the ASW ban in the upcoming presidential administration?".....Alot of yelling at the TV, then off the TV went!!! It never, never fails! Instead of placing blame where blame is due on the kid, or in the chain of events that led to the tragedy like, mental illness not being addressed, known cries for help not being addressed, etc. What happens?..., the gun once again becomes demonized, and to blame, and the honest among us are expected to pay the price.......When will these people ever learn?......
    Last edited by Poonie; January 8th, 2009 at 01:23 PM.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Dr Phil.....Mall Shooter.....

By "these people", do you mean the contestants on the Dr. Phil show, or those of you who tune him in? ;>)
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}

(Luzerne County)

Its good to know that I am not the only one who yells at the tv.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Its good to know that I am not the only one who yells at the tv.
    He He.

Not only the tv but you should hear me road rage at the car radio when every station has commercials on at the same time.
    Koli's back from Ambler.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

I actually generally enjoy the Dr. Phil show. The one with the teachers from TX was somewhat balanced for a major media broadcast show. This one got to me though.

I heard his initial comments which included this little gem "He had an AK 47. There is no reason under ANY circumstance that ANYONE should own one." Followed up by "It's a military style weapon that doesn't belong in the homes of regular people" or something like that. The first I must've had her rewind 10 times because she kept saying he was only trying to say this kid shouldn't have had access or he shouldn't have had the AK or some other shit.

Then came the end of the show.

I got sent to the other room to cool off. I went apeshit. I started to get red in the face and yelled at the TV. I felt bad cause the dog started to get nervous like he was in trouble. I knew I shouldn't watch that show. Pissed me right the fuck off. I was mad all night.

Would that twat have said the same thing if he had been shot with a 10/22? How about a shotgun?

(Lancaster County)

I guess they didn't look at the point of view as what if a law abidiing citzen had a gun to stop these kids before they fired the second shot

1. "What are you doing to prevent this in the future?"

Purchase a gun and get my CCW, I bet no one gave that response

Aw come on folks you know DAMN WELL parents and people are NEVER responsible for their actions (or their kids upbringing) it's ALWAYS either someone else's fault or the fault of some inadament object. That's the NEW WAY.

Either you are going to have to find 'the really real world' or learn that every asshole has an excuse and they all stink 10 times worse than the butts.

So come on, take the blue pill and embrace the political correctness, learn that you to can do just about anything and blame it on someone else.

(Northampton County)

Well, I'm guilty of yelling at CSI whenever they pull a perfectly shaped bullet out of something/someone, and it yields a perfect match to a suspect's gun.

Or that one gem when someone said that a ballistics investigation discovered that a bullet came from a "high-capacity 9mm".

Grrr...
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Aw come on folks you know DAMN WELL parents and people are NEVER responsible for their actions (or their kids upbringing) it's ALWAYS either someone else's fault or the fault of some inadament object. That's the NEW WAY.

Either you are going to have to find 'the really real world' or learn that every asshole has an excuse and they all stink 10 times worse than the butts.

So come on, take the blue pill and embrace the political correctness, learn that you to can do just about anything and blame it on someone else.
    I ain't takin' the blue pill. Last time I did that I woke up in Tijuana with two dog pound hookers and a tattoo of Ladybird Johnson. I've always wondered where the rest of that month went.

(Chester County)

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by kevindsingleton View Post
    By "these people", do you mean the contestants on the Dr. Phil show, or those of you who tune him in? ;>)

By "these people", I meant the anti's! Get off your pedestal nimrod and admit that you probably watch too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast