Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default Online firearms check

Ok...Im not looking for opinions just a website and some feedback. Its been 5 years now and I had a felony 2 on my record but had it pardoned..I want to know if there's an online check so i can save the embarrassment in the local gun shop.. I called my local court house and they ran my record and comes up clean this is the same county that the offense happended in. I even tried online backround checks and I came up clean...But when I applied at autozone they ran my record and it came up(they also had 2 months to bring it up)..My local gun shop calls it in to an automated service and it takes only seconds for a yes or no..Is there any gun check online i can go through..I was told by my lawyer now that I have it pardoned my right to own a firearm has been restored. I mean how thurough can a 5 sec check be? I mean If the court house that has my file and came up clean what will the gun shop get?

Please dont stereo type me I made one stupid mistake..My offense was a felony 2 of criminal trespass..No guns no drugs and no assult was involed..I was young and dumb and broke into a friends house and stole a computer

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Online firearms check

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/ Click on E-services on the top left and Public web docket sheets.

(Northumberland County)

I dont understand any of that.

(York County)

If theres one place that will have something on you, this place will:
    http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

For $18, it might give you some peace of mind.

(Northumberland County)

That does seem pretty good but I was looking for something a little faster...I want to purchase a firearm this weekend.

Make friends with your local gun shop. The way to avoid (or at least minimize) embarrassment may be to just be upfront with them, fill out the paperwork, and be prepared to be put into research.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    Make friends with your local gun shop. The way to avoid (or at least minimize) embarrassment may be to just be upfront with them, fill out the paperwork, and be prepared to be put into research.

i hate research!!!!!!!sorry i had to do it.

My Name is GlockMan And I Approve This Message!!

(Jefferson County)

It may still show up until its expunged.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Northumberland County)

Ya I went there today with a friend(he bought an sks) and i told him the story and hes said he cant run it until im ready to buy a gun..There real busy and I feel that know one needs to know my business unless I say so. I don't even want to waste his time if its going to come up. He is the only one around with good guns and prices and the only one that has ammo for my mauser for cheap. If it comes up he will not sell me anything anymore.

(Centre County)

If you go to a gun shop and do the paperwork and the shop calls PICS, if anything odd comes up you may be put into research or denied. If denied the gun shop does not know why you were denied, PICS just tells them you are denied. If you ask for the rebuttal form the gun shop must then give you the paperwork to fill out. Fill it out, send it in (within 30 days of the denial), the sooner the better and let it go through the process. Many people are denied or put into research for any numbed of reasons. The denial rebuttal paperwork gives you a chance to explain and gives them more time to check everything out. The rebuttal paperwork is between you and the PICS/PSP people. The gun shop does not get involved other than to give you the paperwork.

BTW, the PICS is not just one computer, the system checks a number of different databases and if anything comes up on any of them it will raise a flag to do more research or to deny. It can also put you into research if one of the databases doesn't respond in a certain amount of time. Remember, it may seem to be a short time, but these computers aren't your typical home desktop, they can check a lot of data very, very quickly. The average time that I have seen has been between 1 and 2 minutes, but have had it go as long as 5-10 minutes when I have to talk to a PICS operator.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast