Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Precision Armaments in Slatington

Gipper,

I think I was at Precision Armaments when you came in if you are the guy I remember you initially dissed Boyers for selling you a rifle and then you asked Charlie what it would cost to turn your 96 Mauser into a tactical rifle.

He pretty clearly told you that it probably wasn't worth spending good money on your 96 Mauser but he gave you a rough price quote anyway for what you asked for. You my friend want the best rifle imaginable for $ 200.00, Sorry it's just not in the cards for you.

Charlie spent the time to look up and quote you several prices for rifles he had in stock and he also checked on-line with suppliers for stuff he did not inventory. If this is you idea of poor service then I would hate to see where you normally shop, I almost forgot before you left Charlie also checked the muzzle and bore of your 96 Mauser to see if it was even safe to fire.

It is a--hats like you that think all dealers owe them something as soon as you walk in the door of their shops, A simple understanding of what you want and the cash to pay for it go along way in the gun business. I have been a customer and friend of Charlie at Precision Armament for the last 10 years and I have never had a bad experience with him or his work, I also own several rifles built by him during that time and they all do exactly what is expected of them more than that you cannot ask for.

(Lehigh County)

Cool Re: Precision Armaments in Slatington

Mr. Gipper,
    I am sorry that you think I was making an ass out of you in my shop.
    That was not my intention. I was trying to keep you from wasting your hard earned money. Let's suppose that I would have told you that the Turkish 96 type Mauser that you had brought into the shop for custom work was the best gun ever made and was perfect for the custom work that you wanted. I would have talked you into between three and four hundred dollars worth of work. In the future you would have come into the store and picked up your customized rifle then went to the range and found out that it wasn't so great afterall. When you would have brought it back to complain I would then tell you that I did the work as you had ordered and that is just the way it is. Would you then come to the gun boards and complain that I do inferior work or that I am a cheat and a liar? I talked you out of the custom work for two reasons. Reason one was to protect my reputation for competent gunsmith work as the rifle you had would not lend itself well to accurizing. Reason number two is that I don't feel a need to be underhanded to earn money. Keep in mind that I could have taken your money but didn't and for that you are here insinuating that I am rude. I guess being rude is better than being a cheat and a liar.
    Regards, Charlie.
    Last edited by guncrank; April 6th, 2008 at 07:09 PM.

(Carbon County)

Known Charlie for a good number of years. He has worked on my guns and I have always taken his advice for gain. He has always treted me fairly...even when I asked a "newbie" question.

(Somerset County)

I love the Days of our lives drama on the forum.

(Lehigh County)

Precision Armaments in Slatington

I also had a bad experience.
    I also was greeted by a condensing in-polite person as well.
    I had problems with a gas auto shotgun. I had to call several times to see if it was ready. Finally he said it was ready and would work just fine. It was not cheap to fix and worked several times only to jam again. He insured me it was fixed and did not any new parts.

Needless to say I never went back!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by guncrank View Post
    Mr. Gipper,
    I am sorry that you think I was making an ass out of you in my shop.
    That was not my intention. I was trying to keep you from wasting your hard earned money. Let's suppose that I would have told you that the Turkish 96 type Mauser that you had brought into the shop for custom work was the best gun ever made and was perfect for the custom work that you wanted. I would have talked you into between three and four hundred dollars worth of work. In the future you would have come into the store and picked up your customized rifle then went to the range and found out that it wasn't so great afterall. When you would have brought it back to complain I would then tell you that I did the work as you had ordered and that is just the way it is. Would you then come to the gun boards and complain that I do inferior work or that I am a cheat and a liar? I talked you out of the custom work for two reasons. Reason one was to protect my reputation for competent gunsmith work as the rifle you had would not lend itself well to accurizing. Reason number two is that I don't feel a need to be underhanded to earn money. Keep in mind that I could have taken your money but didn't and for that you are here insinuating that I am rude. I guess being rude is better than being a cheat and a liar.
    Regards, Charlie.
    Where are you in relation to Boyer's?

(Lehigh County)

Remmy13,
    If your shotgun is still not working correctly please feel free to bring it back. I am only human and could have missed something. I do stand behind my work.

Chemical,
    My shop is at 7141 route 873. Which is just south of Slatington on route 873. I'm in the same building as the Slatington Floor Center.

Thanks, Charlie.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by guncrank View Post
    Chemical,
    My shop is at 7141 route 873. Which is just south of Slatington on route 873. I'm in the same building as the Slatington Floor Center.

Thanks, Charlie.
    Thanks, I'll have to make a note to check it out next time I'm in the area.

(Bucks County)

Charlie built a AK for me and I can without reservation highly recommend both his work and customer service. And I'm a very picky, hard to please bastard

(Northampton County)

I have heard nothing but good things about this place.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast