Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default LTCF Allegheny County

Hey all Just a quick question about applying for my LTCF. I just turned 21 and I want to get my LTCF. I know that you need two forms of id: license and secondary- voter registration. My question is will i be denied or rejected if the address on my license differs from my voter registration?? My license has my home address where my parents live but i live in Pittsburgh and I'll be moving again come the Fall so I don;t want to change my license address. I still want all of the important mail and stuff to go to my parents until I get my own place and stick there for while which will be this fall.

Thanks and sorry if this sounds confusing I was in a rush.

(York County)

Default Re: LTCF Allegheny County

Quote Originally Posted by ksig1869 View Post
    Hey all Just a quick question about applying for my LTCF. I just turned 21 and I want to get my LTCF. I know that you need two forms of id: license and secondary- voter registration. My question is will i be denied or rejected if the address on my license differs from my voter registration?? My license has my home address where my parents live but i live in Pittsburgh and I'll be moving again come the Fall so I don;t want to change my license address. I still want all of the important mail and stuff to go to my parents until I get my own place and stick there for while which will be this fall.

Thanks and sorry if this sounds confusing I was in a rush.
    here in york pa i just showed my drivers license.

My Name is GlockMan And I Approve This Message!!

(Allegheny County)

Do you have 2 pieces with the same address on them? I thought that was one of the things, was it had to have the same one. I think they will also let you use a vehicle registration card as well but the sheriff's office might be able to tell you if you call and explain the situation before you drive down there.

(Allegheny County)

The ID's can be many things - I used my DL and my Amateur Radio License.

But yes, the addresses have to match.

(Westmoreland County)

Go to PA's PennDot site, change your address and they'll send you a stupid little card to show the police, etc until your license expires and you get a new one with the current address on it.

Take the little card you get via mail and give that to the LTCF folks with your license and then a secondary form with the same address as the updated card. Doesn't have to be voter reg. Can be Vehicle Registration, etc.

Hope this helps. I, too, had a license with an old address. When I went in, they asked for the little card.

Yea I already sent it in a few hours ago. i just write a note describing my situation and if need be ill make arrangements for changing my address which would suck since Id be changing it again come July for my new apartment.

unfortunately my registrations in my mom's name since my brother and I share the car since were both in pittsburgh