Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Wheelchair carry

I use a manual chair and carry a G27 daily. 1 word of caution...I would keep your weapon on your body and would not attach it to your chair. It is fairly easy for someone to flip a chair and effectively separate you from your weapon.

I use a blackhawk serpa OWB on most days...I do have a IWB as well that is used rarely. The chair back adds to my concealment ability for strong side kidney or SOB carry. (the chair also helps at businesses here in NH that use metal detectors...sets them off regularly and I throw up my hands and say.."this damn chair...always does that"...and 9 out of 10 times they just laugh and wave me through. -- scary huh ?)

I also have a Ruger LCP that I carry in a Desantis Nemisis for days when the G27 isn't practical.

*** Additional note -- I have a thing called a "Safepacker" it looks nothing ike a holster but is designed to carry your weapon and a spare mag. also has a spot for your ID/CCW. It can be worn on the belt like a holster...or like a fanny pack or even around your neck and shoulder like a messenger bag...it looks like a pda/cd player/gadget case. I tuck a pair of earbuds into the ID pocket so it looks like its my ipod case.

Hope it helps.

wedoada
    Last edited by wedoada; March 8th, 2009 at 03:16 AM.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Wheelchair carry

I am in total agreement with those who say to keep the sidearm on your person. If attacked you could be knocked off the chair. A shoulder rig would work but what about warm weather??

With the crossdraw I would recommend wearing a wife beater shirt to seperate your skin from the gun & a short sleeve button down shirt over the gun. Shirts with patterns break up any bulges better.

In warm weather you can wear cargo shorts & keep a smaller gun in a side pocket in a pocket holster.

I know a wheel chair bound person who was robbed in downtown Easton. We have some real garbage walking our streets.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123