Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Attacked in a parking lot

A blogger I read daily told of his harrowing tale in the parking lot of a 7-11.

http://www.theagitator.com/archives/027639.php#027639

Jeez. I wonder at what point it becomes lawful of you to brandish your weapon if you carry one. (personally I believe you should be able to shoot someone if they punch you in the face..that is what a cop would do) Or at least break the thumb strap in case you need to.

I would probably try to flee the situation first. If he tried to beat me up, I"d have to do something then, maybe run faster.

(York County)

Default Re: Attacked in a parking log

Quote Originally Posted by Glock17 View Post

Jeez. I wonder at what point it becomes lawful of you to brandish your weapon if you carry one. (personally I believe you should be able to shoot someone if they punch you in the face..that is what a cop would do) Or at least break the thumb strap in case you need to.

I would probably try to flee the situation first. If he tried to beat me up, I"d have to do something then, maybe run faster.
    I would consider that situation life threating, but the problem is once you shoot him you might be in trouble if he didn't have a weapon on him. But then again you would be alive. I personaly would wait to shoot till I was hit in that situation, that is if I couldn't run away.

(Allegheny County)

They attacker said several times that he would kill him. Then he reached into the guys car, and pushed his head into the guys car (all while screaming that he was a black racist and killing crackers meant nothing to him). The guy had no way out.

Ability - yes (he said that he would kill him, and reached into the car)

Intent - yes ("I'll kill you motherfucker")

Oppertunity - yes (The guy was blocked in, and there's a very angry black guy screaming about killing you)
    Last edited by JustinM; April 1st, 2007 at 09:52 AM.

roll the window up on his neck and drop the hammer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Lancaster County)

Never roll thw window down to chat with someone who was mad enough at you to actually get out of their car and come over to your window. As the assailant is walking towards the car, you lock the doors. Grab your cell phone, dial 9-1-1 and get help. Get your seat belt off and prepare to move over and get distance between you and the car window. Then get hand on gun and wait for cops.

Lessons:
    1. Never make hand gestures. No one can tell what you really meant.
    2. NEVER roll the window down so that you and some angry jerk can hear each other better. What the hell was he thinking?
    3. I don't know, maybe I just don't read the guy's blog often enough to understand him (I never heard of it before now), but with a name like "The Agitator", why am I not surprised he was involved in an unpleasant expeirence?

(Berks County)

He's obviously a guy who is not very comfortable with his God given race. He sounds like a black guy with money and maybe got offended because he doesn't want to be stereotyped as just another poor black guy/hoodlum or something.

I remember an incident when I worked in Philadelphia. I was on my way home from work and I walked pass a black guy who looked like he was in distress. I asked him if he needed help or money and he looked at me like how dare you ask me that question. I ended up asking him again the same question and he said "no". So I ended up leaving.

The next day I spoke with a co-worker who is black woman, and I told her about the incident and she said that black men have a lot of PRIDE and it's just one of their strong characteristics. She said that I insulted him by offering to help him.

So, maybe this has something to do with the way he reacted to the man who was offering to do him a favor?

Rand

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Attacked in a parking lot

"crackers"? Oh good grief

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Glock17 View Post

In PA, you must try to leave before use of deadly force (that's the current law, anyway). Of course, this incident didn't happen in PA).

(Philadelphia County)

That situation could have been handled with common sense and judicious use of pepper spray if neccecary. No need to send bullets whizzing.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    In PA, you must try to leave before use of deadly force (that's the current law, anyway). Of course, this incident didn't happen in PA).

Roy,

While I agree with trying to leave as being the right thing to do in most cases, the law says you're only unjustified in using deadly force if you're sure retreating would've stopped the agression. Flimsy, I know. I'm just saying, sometimes the only way out is through

I just read the article, I didn't look around otherwise. Wasn't the guy from DC? Perhaps he should've just put his seat back to aid in curling up in a ball...
    --Jordan K
    Nurse Aide, Havertonian, Student, Heavy Lifter

"Proper gun safety starts by being completely unwilling to do stupid sh.t for the lulz." --anonymous, 4chan.org

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast