Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Thumbs up Tripoli's Triggers in Williamsport - range report

Hey guys, went to the indoor range last night at Tripoli's triggers and wanted to share since I did a search and didn't find any details about it. Note that anything here is personal opinion or observations and I do not represent the range, nor is anything I say gospel - prices, details, etc. may change and you would have to contact the range personnel to get up to date information. I'm just trying to provide information for those who haven't been there, as their website does not cover all of these details.

Anyways, went down last night to try and break in my M&P. Walked in and I was the only person there aside from the owner. First time at the range they require your driver's license, LTCF (if you don't have one you have to pay for a background check), and you have to fill out a waiver and a basic range safety quiz. They provide loaner eye and ear protection and do offer rental pistols. Anyway, lane time is purchased by the half hour (box of 50 shells = 1/2 hour). Price was $28 + tax for 9mm, .380, and .38. I believe the price is $36 + tax for .357 sig, .40S&W, and .45ACP. Those are the only calibers that are allowed at the range. Personal ammo is not allowed.

Since it was my first time, Frank took me in and showed me how the lanes worked and gave me a few pointers (since I'm still a newbie to handguns). Range is very nice: I believe there were 15 lanes, goes all the way out to 25 yards. Very clean and well kept.

All in all it was a very good experience. I'll definitely go back next time I'm out that way. They have pretty good hours (10AM-9PM M-F, 10-3, 7-9 S, 10-6 Sun). It gets an A+ from me.

(Butler County)

Default Re: Tripoli's Triggers in Williamsport - range report

I went there after I purchased my first pistol and shot it. He was a pretty good guy. Gave me a few pointers, set up the range to shoot 5 at a time at the different lengths and then even scored the targets for us afterwards. I had a great time there myself.

(Lycoming County)

Frank and Christine are always real helpful. I shoot in their leagues they have each season. Next time either of you are in the area, send me a PM and we'll meet there for some shooting.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Luzerne County)

My family lives there and I grew up in the area. I get back a few weekends a month, so I'll give you a heads up next time I'm in town.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ricbri69 View Post
    Anyway, lane time is purchased by the half hour (box of 50 shells = 1/2 hour). Price was $28 + tax for 9mm, .380, and .38. I believe the price is $36 + tax for .357 sig, .40S&W, and .45ACP. Those are the only calibers that are allowed at the range. Personal ammo is not allowed.
    they are ripping you off insanely on the ammo thats 200% more than that ammo should cost you

(Lycoming County)

It was mentioned, no personal ammo, but that's because you have to use frangible lead free ammo. I have a membership there that gives me a discount at the range. So factoring in the discount, and the gas I'd spend driving out to Consolidated Sportsmans, ammo, etc... for me, shooting in their league competing with others is worth the lil extra.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by c.sander View Post
    they are ripping you off insanely on the ammo thats 200% more than that ammo should cost you
    The price is for the ammo AND the lane time. It costs a few bucks to have an indoor range set up like that and you're paying for the convenience of using a nice range. Would I pay $28 for a box of 50 to shoot at a crappy public range that's chewed up, cold, poorly taken care of, and frequently inhabited by people that shouldn't be trusted with cap guns. Saving a few bucks is great, but I like going somewhere safe and comfortable to shoot in the winter, even if it costs me a few bucks to be there.

(Clinton County)

Sorry I know this thread is a year old.

Think about going down there next week. Just hand guns there? I would like to take the AR with me to a nice range. Go out in the snow is getting a little old

(Lycoming County)

Email Christine or give them a call. I shot a couple of lanes down from a guy sighting in a new Colt there about a year ago. I would assume they still have .223 available but check with them before you drive down there.

Shooting warm and dry in there is great in this weather.

(Northumberland County)

I was there once. I thought it was a little pricey, but it is a very nice range. I didn't care for the ammo it shot decent but when I pulled the slide off my gun to clean it, it looked like some one dumped gold glitter in my gun. I was shooting a Hi-Point, I would never take that gun there again. If you know anything about Hi-Points you know what a PITA they are to take apart and clean.

Frank can be a little brash if he thinks your wasting his time, but I know alot of gruff old guys like that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast