Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Tripoli's Triggers in Williamsport - range report

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Sorry I know this thread is a year old.

Think about going down there next week. Just hand guns there? I would like to take the AR with me to a nice range. Go out in the snow is getting a little old
    Im not positive but I know for a fact nothing but HANDGUN calibers..I dont know if they would let you run say a Beretta CX Storm, or a 9mm Carbine of some point there or not...Im guessing yes...because one of their specials was they have a Thompson SMG(probably semi auto but I didnt ask) that you can rent out if you wanted to have some fun....

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by LowCapacity View Post
    Rules at the range are one thing, telling people its illegal to carry a gun in a gun shop is different.
    guess it depends on if he allows it or not...I DONT open carry so I DONT know OC rules in PA as they vary by state..but I figured if a guy didnt want you to OC in his business(meaning the front of the store with the display cases and stuff not the range) he could have a rule no guns in the shop...im assuming this would be him saying since it is private property that you cant have it there??so thus if you had it there and he said no it would be technically illegal???just grasping at straws for his thinking...and yes, he can come off as gruff and he has LOST a bit of business because of it..I know a few people that wont deal with him purely ebcause of his attitude...I dont have a real problem with him..I just kinda chalk it up to some people being like that(gruff)

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by idpasharpshooter View Post
    yea i wont go there and i tell anyone who asks how i feel. i went in there on the pretense of buying a carton or two of primers ( i heard he had good prices at the time) i walk in and don't even get to the counter to tell him what i wanted. the man at the counter stops his conversation with another customer turns towards me and asks if i am loaded. i wasn't carrying anything so i assumed he meant my sidearm, which i replied that it was loaded. he then said that i cant have a loaded gun in a gun store " it's the law". now i could have stood there and discussed it with him but just his demeanor and tone told me that was his opinion and he wasn't going to change. so i just said have a good day and left. never have gone back. maybe because i am young or don't have nice clothes or car that he just didn't want me around, I'm not sure. but what i am sure of is that those three words "it's the law" cost him a lot of business.
    Let him lose business then thats his loss...good call id have left also...strange thing is he knows I pretty much CC where ever I go he sold me the Glock I used to have and when id come to the range(id have unloaded it in the car for the range as you cant bring your own rounds in there and I DO understand that) id take it out of my IWB holster..and then sometimes after being done id go out front to look..he knew I had it on and id gone back out and loaded it taken my stuff like eyes and ears back out...never said anything to me...

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
    I had not heard of this there but I don't doubt that either of you had the same experience there. That's bullsh*t plain and simple. He should check with the intructors who teach his pistol classes (my wife and have both taken several) because they instruct the class that OC is legal in PA and they encourage daily CC after getting some training.

I almost always deal with Christine when I am at the range and she is very pleasant and helpful. I had heard that the place was struggling and (price of range sessions/ammo aside) was wondering why such a nice facility did not get used more. I am beginning to see why. Imagine coming out of a class where the instructor just taught you about how important it is to carry then have the gun shop owner that put on the class tell you not to carry in his store. Crazy.

I think a lot of its just the price and I told them as much and all they could say was about how expensive the range was to build..I said I understand but it cost me at LEAST 1.5X MORE to shoot here than Consolidated....he had asked me why Id not been in in so long thats why I told him price...id pay $20 but not $10 more than that which is what it costs after tax right around $30-32 for 9mm after tax.

You can multi-quote posts instead of making 5 new posts within minutes of each other.

Yes its his personal property and he can have any rules he wants, last time I drove by I saw a big red sign that read no loaded guns allowed on premises or something like that. As already said earlier in this thread, thats fine if its his rule, but don't tell people its the LAW, as he did to idpasharpshooter.

Also, as already said that range did not cost him nearly as much to build as it would for someone starting from scratch.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by LowCapacity View Post
    You can multi-quote posts instead of making 5 new posts within minutes of each other.

Yes its his personal property and he can have any rules he wants, last time I drove by I saw a big red sign that read no loaded guns allowed on premises or something like that. As already said earlier in this thread, thats fine if its his rule, but don't tell people its the LAW, as he did to idpasharpshooter.

Also, as already said that range did not cost him nearly as much to build as it would for someone starting from scratch.

I dont mind making the separate posts.

Quote Originally Posted by CBennett View Post
    I dont mind making the separate posts.
    the purpose of multi-quoting is that you don't stretch the thread out over several pages with several unnecessary posts, all the info can be contained in one.

(Clinton County)

Just finished Level 3 course. Hogan's alley was fun. Posted a thread.

http://forum.pafoa.org/training-tact...ans-alley.html
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Lycoming County)

The range is great but expensive. As posted earlier, if you live in the area, a membership at consolidated is cheaper then a single session at Tripoli's. If it's the balls of winter or you are a novice shooter, by all means take advantage of what they have to offer. Just use the side door (the range) and stay away from the poorly stocked and overpriced "gun" shop in the front.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123