Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Twelve year old convicted of shooting his mom

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...illed0104.html

the boy got a .22-caliber pistol from her bedroom closet, waited outside for her to return and then repeatedly shot her, according to court testimony.

Madrid's live-in boyfriend of 10 years, Alfonso Munoz, witnessed the shooting and said the boy gave him the empty gun afterward.

Munoz, who had raised the boy, said he had taught him how to load and fire the weapon and instructed him to use guns only in an emergency and in self-defense.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Twelve year old convicted of shooting his mom

"He is a docile sweet boy"? Well obviously not.

Everyone needs to gauge when their kid is mature enough to handle a firearm. A mature person doesn't stand on the front porch and assassinate their mother over chores, and I doubt this was the only warning sign of his instability.

(Jefferson County)

Hang him..
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Hang him..
    Agreed....

i'd agree with the above.. some will say he is to young to understand,, but as stated he got the gun and waited.. he knew what he was about to do..

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBeast View Post
    "He is a docile sweet boy"? Well obviously not.

Everyone needs to gauge when their kid is mature enough to handle a firearm. A mature person doesn't stand on the front porch and assassinate their mother over chores, and I doubt this was the only warning sign of his instability.
    This almost sounds like you are holding those who educated the child about the use of firearms for the criminal acts of the child. I hope I am reading this wrong.

On a related note I am always amazed by the people who say shit like that after a person looses it and kills someone or several people. It's like asking why something is always in the last place you look for it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    This almost sounds like you are holding those who educated the child about the use of firearms for the criminal acts of the child.
    Obviously!

There was an age for ALL of us when we lacked the mental capacity to have immediate access to a firearm. Maybe you could handle it 7, but obviously this boy couldn't handle it at 12, and again, it's the people raising them who can determine this best.

Am I saying charge every parent who's juvenile goes off and shoots up the school? No, legally speaking, that would cause alot of problems. I think the court should sentence this kid to hell.

But morally? If we are to ask who we should blame? It's certainly the kid's fault, but only because of negligence on the parent's end.

Obviously!

There was an age for ALL of us when we lacked the mental capacity to have immediate access to a firearm. Maybe you could handle it 7, but obviously this boy couldn't handle it at 12, and again, it's the people raising them who can determine this best.

Am I saying charge every parent who's juvenile goes off and shoots up the school? No, legally speaking, that would cause alot of problems. I think the court should sentence this kid to hell.

But morally? If we are to ask who we should blame? It's certainly the kid's fault, but only because of negligence on the parent's end.
    The 12 year old had been instructed in the use of the pistol and took it from the closet of the mother's bed room. It was not kept in the childs room it was not "ready access" as you are trying to claim. Should it have been more secured? That's another argument for another thread, but my opinion is that an object is secured the moment it is on private property. We have come to coddle the criminals because they just can't control themselves. You are blaming the dead parent for her own death. Sounds a bit nuts to me.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    The 12 year old had been instructed in the use of the pistol and took it from the closet of the mother's bed room. It was not kept in the childs room it was not "ready access" as you are trying to claim. Should it have been more secured? That's another argument for another thread, but my opinion is that an object is secured the moment it is on private property. We have come to coddle the criminals because they just can't control themselves. You are blaming the dead parent for her own death. Sounds a bit nuts to me.
    When I said ready access, I meant unobstructed. I probably should have worded that differently.

You do NOT leave a gun unobstructed from someone who cannot handle it. The kid is an absolute idiot, that doesn't even need to be argued, but the parents should not be dismissed as even remotly innocent victims of their child's outburst.

I don't believe it was unnavoidable. I think it was quite easily avoidable.

What sounds a bit nuts is that a 12 year old child, who for most of his life was dominantly affected by his parents, are to be dismissed for his crime.
    Last edited by StealthBeast; January 5th, 2009 at 07:09 PM.

When I said ready access, I meant unobstructed. I probably should have worded that differently.

You do NOT leave a gun unobstructed from someone who cannot handle it. The kid is an absolute idiot, that doesn't even need to be argued, but the parents should not be dismissed as even remotly innocent victims of their child's outburst.

I don't believe it was unnavoidable. I think it was quite easily avoidable.

What sounds a bit nuts is that a 12 year old child, who for most of his life was dominantly affected by his parents, are to be dismissed for his crime.
    That bold part confuses me. The 12 year old took a firearm and ambushed his mother. He is the only one to blame. At 12 a child should be trusted with things like car keys laying around or butcher's knives on the counter. They could both kill his mother. Just because it is a gun seems to change your attitude.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast