Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Ultimate Fighting Pistol

What in your opinion is the ultimate fighting pistol and in what caliber? One pistol you would choice to defend you, your family and property. PLEASE KEEP YOUR ANSWERS SHORT AND TO THE POINT.

Mine would be the Glock 21 .45 ACP.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by SSGF109
    I think I'd have to agree
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Philadelphia County)

XD in nothing less than .45

Just because its what I own and what I shoot.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Philadelphia County)

Glock 22 with 15rnd mags and 180gr Speer GD jhp's

(Northumberland County)

I'll take my cz75b anyday over anything else... 19+1 capacity using SP01 mags, super accurate, and nice single action trigger... 9mm...

Default G19

I would choose the glock 19. Unquestionable reliability in a great and light weight size. G17 magazines will also work with it. High capacity, light recoil, great follow up shooting gun. 9mm is the most common round in use. More ammo with less weight to carry. Current NATO issue so easily available. This would be if all hell brakes loose and anarchy fell upon us.

(Lehigh County)

Make mine an XD9. Glock reliability at a bargin price. Since I don't have to use FMJ I'm more than happy with 9mm. Shares mags with my Keltec carbine. If the S hits the F, nothing says "love ya" like 7 extra rounds on deck.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by junyo
    Make mine an XD9. Glock reliability at a bargin price. Since I don't have to use FMJ I'm more than happy with 9mm. Shares mags with my Keltec carbine. If the S hits the F, nothing says "love ya" like 7 extra rounds on deck.
    Last I checked XD's were more expensive than glocks. I paid more for my XD9 than for my G19 or G22.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SSGF109
    What in your opinion is the ultimate fighting pistol and in what caliber? One pistol you would choice to defend you, your family and property. PLEASE KEEP YOUR ANSWERS SHORT AND TO THE POINT.

Generally I think I would agree that the G21 is an excellent choice for UFP. I'll just throw this in to see what reaction it gets. As more ammo choices become available, I'm thinking that the FNH 5.7 could be a contender. 20 round magazines allowing you to carry 60 rounds with ease. Low recoil for faster follow ups. Full size without the weight of a full size handgun. As far as durability, that's yet to be determined, but definately worth an honorable mention. Let the flames begin...
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp
    Last I checked XD's were more expensive than glocks. I paid more for my XD9 than for my G19 or G22.
    I bought my XD right after Springfield started distributing them and the price differential was greater then, but I constantly see the XD9 kit for $30-50 less than a G19. When I got mine I saved at least a C-note over Glock street price.

Quote Originally Posted by starblazer
    I'm thinking that the FNH 5.7 could be a contender. 20 round magazines allowing you to carry 60 rounds with ease. Low recoil for faster follow ups. Full size without the weight of a full size handgun. As far as durability, that's yet to be determined, but definately worth an honorable mention. Let the flames begin...
    In theory you're right. Add the penetration capabilities of the round plus the fact that it already has a PDW/carbine partner and it's a real winner. But with the poor record the 5.56 is compiling, one has to wonder about the real life stopping power of that size round. I understand that the round is constructed differently, to better guarantee terminal performance, but you're still having to rely on the projectile doing a gymnastic routine on/after impact to get an instantly incapacitating wound.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast