Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: How to Unregister

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    You may be joking, but I help to moderate another forum and it's very common for people to start deleting all of their posts one at a time when we refuse to delete their account and all of their posts. My personal suggestion is to immediately lock down the account of anyone expressing this desire, so that they don't go removing their posting history.
    why?

what does their posting history matter?

I mean 2 years ago I asked if I should get an AR or AK, should that be preserved indefinately?

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    You may be joking, but I help to moderate another forum and it's very common for people to start deleting all of their posts one at a time when we refuse to delete their account and all of their posts. My personal suggestion is to immediately lock down the account of anyone expressing this desire, so that they don't go removing their posting history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    why?

what does their posting history matter?

I mean 2 years ago I asked if I should get an AR or AK, should that be preserved indefinately?
    The value of a poster's experience and input at a forum is found in the body of what they have shared over a given amount of time. Once you start to feel like your forum experience has turned to shit, it isn't uncommon for folks to want to take possession of everything that they've posted by taking it away from the forum and its owner. Imagine what would be left of this place if people said "fuck it" and just started erasing posts willy-nilly. Dan would be left with a shell.

(Chester County)

OH SHIT, the suv's have arrived...must delete....run guys run

LOL, i just saw this thread and started reading...is there a way to neg rep spotter for creating this "shitstorm"

RUN, SARAH, RUN!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    The value of a poster's experience and input at a forum is found in the body of what they have shared over a given amount of time. Once you start to feel like your forum experience has turned to shit, it isn't uncommon for folks to want to take possession of everything that they've posted by taking it away from the forum and its owner. Imagine what would be left of this place if people said "fuck it" and just started erasing posts willy-nilly. Dan would be left with a shell.
    I'm going to immortalize this comment in quote pending the real pafoa shit storm brewing in the future future thread.

oooooh foreboding...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Sorry. It's not possible to make it like you "were never here". If you stop logging in and stop posting, you will accomplish your goal.

Oh yeah? Really rotzed that one up, eh?
    F*S=k

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758