Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: laws

(Tioga County)

Default laws

I have been thinking about a change to PA laws.

1) IF someone with a conviction for a violent felony is found in the possesion of a firearm and/or ammunition.

If on parole Parole is revoked can't get parole ever. does not pass go goes directly to jail. Doesn't qualify for any early release program.

On conviction of possession of a firearm. it 10 years no parole, no early release. time to be served in succession.

Same for each round of ammo.

AS you can see a loaded revolver can get the BG 70 years.

Police are required to report any of these complaints to the AG.

Each DA is required to report the outcome to the AG

the AG is required to compile the information and make it available to the public. The AG must also report quarterly to the PA legislature.

the idea here is to make it tough for a DA to use the charges as a throw away. It will also not let the judges give out a slap on the wrist.

And one more. It is clear that a convicted felon in possession of a firearm is a threat to the community, NO BAIL.
    Last edited by rwilson452; January 1st, 2009 at 01:43 AM.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: laws

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    I have been thinking about a change to PA laws.

1) IF someone with a conviction for a violent felony is found in the possesion of a firearm and/or ammunition.

If on parole Parole is revoked can't get parole ever. does not pass go goes directly to jail. Doesn't qualify for any early release program.

On conviction of possession of a firearm. it 10 years no parole, no early release. time to be served in succession.

Same for each round of ammo.

AS you can see a loaded revolver can get the BG 70 years.

Police are required to report any of these complaints to the AG.

Each DA is required to report the outcome to the AG

the AG is required to compile the information and make it available to the public. The AG must also report quarterly to the PA legislature.

the idea here is to make it tough for a DA to use the charges as a throw away. It will also not let the judges give out a slap on the wrist.

And one more. It is clear that a convicted felon in possession of a firearm is a threat to the community, NO BAIL.
    Hey very good idea, except it will never fly. Politicians preach alot about tougher sentences for criminals yet you hardly see a repeat offender serve his full sentance or for that matter even get sentenced to the max. To many DA's are more interested in getting any type of conviction, hence all the plea bargains.

(Tioga County)

That is the idea behind the AG report. Most of the public isn't aware of the bad job the DA does.

These laws don't cost much. Another set that does. and would be a real hard sell especially in these times would be to up the budget for the various DA offices, More judges and more room in the cross bar hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by cgbudde View Post
    Hey very good idea, except it will never fly. Politicians preach alot about tougher sentences for criminals yet you hardly see a repeat offender serve his full sentance or for that matter even get sentenced to the max. To many DA's are more interested in getting any type of conviction, hence all the plea bargains.
    USNRET '61-'81

(York County)

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this, however, it probably won't ever happen due to to the fact that a lot of the BGs are minorities. A large number of minorities live in these cities where the high crime rates are. The DAs need these people to vote for them, so it wouldn't be wise to alienate them. It's all political.

Another law I would like to see is that if someone is convicted of a NON-VIOLENT felony and gets their act together and keeps it together ( law abiding ) for a period of at least 10 years, he/she should have their voting/gun rights automatically restored. This crap of screwing up one time and being screwed for life is BS.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Tioga County)

If by 10 years you mean 10 years after they are off any restrictions like parole and such stuff. I could go for that. It would need to be done at both a state and federal levels. A tough row to hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post

(clipped)

Another law I would like to see is that if someone is convicted of a NON-VIOLENT felony and gets their act together and keeps it together ( law abiding ) for a period of at least 10 years, he/she should have their voting/gun rights automatically restored. This crap of screwing up one time and being screwed for life is BS.
    USNRET '61-'81

I think we could cut crime by doing 2 things:
    1.- Eliminate plea bargaining
    2.- Eliminate parole

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by thanker92 View Post
    I think we could cut crime by doing 2 things:
    1.- Eliminate plea bargaining
    2.- Eliminate parole
    There is a 3rd option
    Go back to the Origional Constitution's where we can defend ourselves and property and take responsibility for ourselves, hence much fewer criminals, less crime

Just my 2¢
    Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Northampton County)

I completely, and respectfully, disagree.

I think that if someone has served their sentence and been released to society, all their rights should be completely restored. This includes ALL their rights.

If we cannot expect someone to behave in society, they should not have been released, or their sentence should have been longer.

I can agree with some parole requirements, including not having access to firearms until their parole is up - but the parole is part of the sentence.

You're correct that most of the public aren't aware of what the DA does or doesn't do. An additional reporting requirement will not remedy this problem. Most sheeple just don't care - the recent election is proof enough of that.

In addition; The last thing we need is more laws. There are too many laws in place today, so many that no reasonable person can expect to know and abide by all the laws.
    Complete equality isn't compatible with democracy, but it is agreeable to totalitarianism. After all the only way to ensure the equality of the slothful, the inept and the immoral is to suppress everyone else. - Iain Benson

(Lawrence County)

Just what we need, more firearms laws on top of the 20,000 that we already have. I'm with Skulz, once you paid your debt ALL of your rights should be restored. If you are not rehabilitated enough to own a firearm then you need to be in jail until you are.

It never ceases to amaze me how people on this board are so willing to let their right which "shall not be infringed", be infringed. Give them 10 years per bullet? How about you tax everyone $5 per bullet also, think of all the extra funds that would be generated to help pay for gun violence. We could use any extra money for programs aimed at "victims" in the inner cities.

I think we should take it a step further, road rage shows you may have violent tendencies, flip the bird in the car, lose your 2nd amendment rights. What about yelling at an umpire at a baseball game, lose your 2a. Ever get fired up at a Steelers or Eagles game, no gun for you!

Yeah, that's what we need, more laws and more restrictions. The less people eligible to own firearms the easier it will be to ban them.