Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Subgun Match or Fullauto Shoot in PA?

Hi everyone! Just joined the forum. PA is one of the highest NFA states in terms of ownership, but I rarely see any shoots that cater to machineguns. I have been shooting subgun matches at the Knob Creek and other places further west and would really enjoy some competitive shooting in PA, particular in the east side of the state. I am also getting a new beltfed HK21 and need to find a place to shoot it. Shooting indoors is not really that much fun, especially with any rifle in full auto. Maybe we can organize a PA Machinegun shoot that is somewhat centrally located so we get a nice turnout. Otherwise, I am open for suggestions.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Subgun Match or Fullauto Shoot in PA?

The problem here in PA is that most if not all outdoor ranges prohibit full auto weapons...I guess primarily due to possible noise complaints from neighboring properties. Liability is probably secondary.

Most shooting of NFA full auto is generally done on private property and thus limited invitations and participation by "the masses".

That being said, you find the place to shoot and "WE" wil come join you.

FlaSport

(Philadelphia County)

I wish. I believe there are a few private ones, but they are on private land with people who generally know each other, not something you just show up for.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Lycoming County)

The Consolidated Sportsman of Lycoming County sponsors a FA car shoot the last Monday in June, as a part of their CMP program, non-members are welcome, entrance fee is $10.00. Past shoots have been open to the public for spectators without a fee.

In past years FA shooting during normal range hours with a membership, $40.00 annually. They have a concrete back stop that helps a little with noise. Firearms below .50 are allowed.

www.lycoming.org/cslc

Even though the range has been at its present location for many years, newer neighbors have sought action against the range and fewer hours are available on Sundays. I guess its like moving next to a fire station then complaining about the sirens.
    Last edited by 1927A1; April 15th, 2007 at 08:42 PM.
    Jack