Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Thoughts On The Possible Ban Of 7.62x39 Ammo????

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. It appears I am not alone in many of my thoughts.

If it was to be made domestically, I worry the price alone would act as a ban to many..... Look at the price of .223 these days.

Thanks again to all.....

(Luzerne County)

hate to be the one to throw a wet rag on a reasonable discussion..................

Once marshal law is declared (2009, 2010 at the LATEST) there will be NO guns OR ammo allowed in citizens hands.

Go read the executive orders W. signed regarding marshall law.

Can someone tell me where I can buy a dragonskin vest?

Quote Originally Posted by 2BuckChuck View Post
    hate to be the one to throw a wet rag on a reasonable discussion..................

Once marshal law is declared (2009, 2010 at the LATEST) there will be NO guns OR ammo allowed in citizens hands.

The thought of marshal law makes me cringe
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neo31rex31 View Post
    The thought of marshal law makes me cringe
    Makes me want to buy more ammo.

Forget about any Bans! Its Taxation if anything to be concerned about! Here in Maryland there was a proposal to add an addition Tax of $.05 per round.
    Now this was only the nose of the camel under the tent. If the humped one bunks down inside........look out, it sure as hell will be more than a nickel!!!

(Monroe County)

Looking into my crystal ball... I see:

1. A huge tariff placed on all incoming weapons and ammo, regardless of caliber or type. The public idea behind it is to provide more jobs to Americans and keep our dollars in our own country... The real motive will be to stop the flow of arms into this country, thus forcing people to buy domestically produced (and regulated) arms

2. A tax increase on all ammunition components, especially primers and gun powder as its hard to pretend these will be used for anything other then shooting and they can easily be classified as explosives... I wouldn't be surprised to see a permit being required to purchase these items in the future, similar to an FFL. Its already this way for heavy explosives, it will trickle down to the rest of us

3. A step increase on military ammunition. Some calibers may escape, like the .223 and .308 as it is a hunting round, however 7.62x*** will get hit as they are "military" rounds, .50 BMG will also get hit I'm sure. Common defensive rounds will not be hit with this high tax (ie: 380. 9mm, 40s&w, .45ACP) as this will appease the common person who has a home defense pistol... who cares about those nasty military rounds, noone should be shooting them anyway!

4. A tax across the board on all ammo purchases will be put into place. it will be a flat % tax of the sale price similar to a luxury tax. It will be a minor inconvenience for most shooters who only shoot their gun 2 or 3 times a year so there won't be much of a fight over it.

5. A "Non-Target Ammo" tax will also be created to specifically target non-FMJ rounds that are used for personal defense. More then likely this ammo will be "registered" to the shooter. This is going to cover the defensive rounds and carry rounds. It won't touch on SP bullets though as those are used for hunting and touching that rock will cause issues.

6. A national hand gun permit for purchase will go into place, requiring a yearly payment to the ATF to be allowed to purchase a hand gun. This will replace the very costly state by state background checks and will save the holder money by not paying expensive transfer fees and background check fees. Of course the gun purchased will be registered so that in the event that it is lost or stolen it can be returned to the purchaser. Fee on the permit will be around 50.00 I'm guessing, renewable annually for the same price.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeepbluePA View Post
    as far as domestic production. Domestic producers havent been doing such a good job keeping up with demand. Stuff is guessing harder to find and more expensive. Gas was up, metal is up, production to the military is up. gas came down but i don't forsee ammo prices ever coming down. If you can't ban it, make it too expensive for the average person to afford and no ban is necessary.

for example
    try finding federal 215m primers. large rifle magnum match.
    Wal-Mart 9mm WWB is now $19.xx
    I swear it was $21.xx a month ago.

Not huge, but at least it seems something happened. (Even if that something is my faulty memory?)
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Elk County)

I did all my buying between 1984 and 2007. That 26,000 rds of 7.62x39 that I have stored away looks pretty good to me.

Noah

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    I did all my buying between 1984 and 2007. That 26,000 rds of 7.62x39 that I have stored away looks pretty good to me.

Noah
    At something like 32 lbs. per thousand rounds, that's quite an 832 lb. gorilla you got there. Most people will be quite happy to have a tenth of that when the government finally says "no more."

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BuckChuck View Post

Do you actually believe the shit you are spewing????? What makes you so sure that you are correct. Suddenly our country implodes in the next 12 months. Every one of your post so far have been a page out of a Global Research book. Dont get me wrong we are in for some hard times but to say that the Gustapo ( you mentioned FEMA in another post) is going to disarm every citizen and take there food is just silly.

I believe you would see a military coup before you would see the BS you are spewing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast