Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: The ZIGANA T 9mm automatic pistol

It looks like a CZ-75. If it's a true "clone" it'll probably work quite well....it's just a question of the quality of materials as to how well it holds up after a lot of rounds.
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: The ZIGANA T 9mm automatic pistol

This thread is now 8 years old and I don't know what progress has been made by Tisas ZIgana on their firearms but here are a few of my observations.

1) Just bought a ZIgana k model.

2) Tisas ZIgana is ISO 9001
    ISO 9001 is a set of international standards for management and verification of good quality management practices. ISO (International Organization for Standardization) is an international organization that certifies that businesses, government organizations and social entities meet certain standards.
    I have read that Tisas provides product to some NATO Forces.

3) Upon pickup at my local FFL guy as the K model was purchased new on line I noted the DA trigger a monster to pull. I took the gun apart and realized there was little if any
    lubricant anywhere so sprayed it first with WD40 and used compressed air to clear out the WD. Then oiled and reassembled. I don't have a trigger scale but prior to clean and
    oil I believe the trigger had a 12 lb pull. Now it is decent at maybe 9. Trigger scale needed. In SA my guess is 5lb and it is crisp with the reset of 3/16'' for follow up shots.

4) off to the range,....forecast at end of Feb was 70F ,...great and no wind,,,, a beautiful day. ( footnote : as I write one day later it is 39F at 2pm) Ha!

5) at the range and 70F. 9mm 115g FMJ at 7 yards from sand bags. Seems to shoot a tad low but I placed 5 shots within the diameter of a quarter dollar.
    I'm not a great shot as you will soon see but the 7 yard pattern off hand was less than 3 inches and shooting a shot at approx 5 shots in 15 seconds.

6) at 20 yards and of sand bags I grouped at just over 3 1/2'' ( the specs say " tested to 3'' group at 25 meters"). Ok,..I'm happy.
    Now at 20 yards off hand I got an 8 inch group with 5 shots in 20 seconds.

I only cranked off 50 rounds there after but subsequent rapid fire was without incident.

7) FIt and finish is excellent albeit don't expect this pistol to fell light. All steel and you know it. That said the pistol fits my hand nicely.

8) I mentioned it shot low and I'd like to find an adjustable rear sight or a shorter front blade. I'll remove the rear and a trip to the local gun store is in order.

All in all I think this gun is a a good purchase but, but, parts will take a while to get if ever needed. That said , having owned some greats -IE Sig , H&K, Colt
    and some cheapies, IE Jennings I have never had a parts break down rendering a firearm unshootable. At , I think, sub $350. this zigana will make a very good
    shooter. Notice I say shooter. I will update after 2000 rounds at the range. I am optimistic that it will hold up. Lastly,....I feel a tad guilty having purchased a
    firearm neither owned , nor manufactured by the hands of an American. Labor rates in foreign countries are low. They may make a great product but again, not by the
    hand of a US citizen. However, U.S. and European manufacturers are near or at peak production allowing me to justify a Turk pistol. Politics aside I am very happy
    with product versus price. We all can't afford to own Sig , H&K or Colt , to name a few. A side line,..I've read that the Zigana 1911 parts are interchangeable with the
    more famous names we know , thus, making parts a non-issue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123