Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Do LDA 1911's have the same peculiar 'finickiness' as traditional 1911's???

Just what the subject line says.

I'm lining up my next purchase and I want a single stack .45 in a non-1911 platform.....and preferably in a lightweight frame - which typically leaves me with choices like the Glock 36.

But Para and Colt make striker-fire traditional trigger versions on the 1911 platform. Does this change the traditional finickiness of the 1911???? Or is that more a product of slide to frame fit.configuration that lends to that tendency.

For those that defend the 1911 and say it's NOT finicky - I'm not asking for anyone to change my mind......so that means you probably cannot objectively answer the subject.
    But for those who agree with my perception......I appreciate your input!
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

Default Re: Do LDA 1911's have the same peculiar 'finickiness' as traditional 1911's???

Where is Lackawanna County? I'm in DE.

I do not have a single stack, but I do have the double stack. If your close by, you could try before you buy.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Do LDA 1911's have the same peculiar 'finickiness' as traditional 1911's???

if you do see a problem in 1911s youll see the same thing in the odd LDA clones, if you are looking for a lightweight 1911 go with a SW scandium or something of the like, then you have the xds glocks px4s etc etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Gary in Pennsylvania View Post
    Just what the subject line says.

I'm lining up my next purchase and I want a single stack .45 in a non-1911 platform.....and preferably in a lightweight frame - which typically leaves me with choices like the Glock 36.

But Para and Colt make striker-fire traditional trigger versions on the 1911 platform. Does this change the traditional finickiness of the 1911???? Or is that more a product of slide to frame fit.configuration that lends to that tendency.

For those that defend the 1911 and say it's NOT finicky - I'm not asking for anyone to change my mind......so that means you probably cannot objectively answer the subject.
    But for those who agree with my perception......I appreciate your input!
    Not really, the only thing the LDA changes is the trigger group and springs required to make the gun work.

The tolerances, mags, etc are relatively the same. I've had 4 Paras (2 LDAs and 2 traditional SAO) and while I'd never had a problem with them a lot of others have or at least claim to (this is the internet after all...) have had issues with the gun and Para customer service.
    Para did change the extractor type in the newer "PXT" guns, and they all ramped barrels, but that really didn't change anything relating to "finickyness"

If you want a lightweight single stack .45, that's not a 1911 check out Kahr and the Sig 220 variants (220, 220 Carry, 220 Compact etc.)
    Last edited by jdlv4_0; December 26th, 2008 at 09:19 PM.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."