Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default MD mall shooting - AGAIN

A year or two ago it was the food court at a mall in Annapolis & now this:
    http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...ield-Mall.html
    WHEATON, Md. -- A shooting in a crowded mall parking lot sent one person to the hospital, and police believe at least one shot was fired inside the Macy's department store.

Montgomery County police say the gunfire broke out just after 5 p.m. Tuesday at Westfield Mall in Wheaton.

Investigators believe two rival gangs were involved in an altercation that led to the shooting. Witnesses reported seeing the suspected gang members scatter. At least one suspect ran into the Macy's department store.

Police recovered two weapons from inside Macy's, and they believe at least one shot was fired inside a dressing room of the store. One of the recovered guns was reported stolen from another Maryland jurisdiction.

Approximately two to three hours after the shooting, a 19-year-old man was arrested at the mall in conjunction with the shooting. He was carrying a handgun that was also stolen from another Maryland jurisdiction, police said. Detectives believe he could be one of the shooters.

The shooter that remains at-large was described as a black male with a medium complexion, 16 to 21 years of age, 5 feet 8 inches tall, wearing a yellow and black jacket with a hood, tan pants, and white shoes.

Employees and customers were left unsettled by the violence.

"All I saw is police tape all over the place," one employee said. "You can't go into the dresses or handbags area, everything is blocked off. All I've been hearing is a guy got shot because there was a fight, and they went into a fitting room and stayed there for awhile," she said.

"There were a bunch of police, in plain clothes, they had some guy, he was lying on the ground and they had him surrounded, and then they had a guy pinned up against a car," shopper Mark Cohen said.

Police believe eight gang members were involved in the shooting; they say the person who was shot is expected to recover.

Police helicopters spent the evening combing the area for the six suspects who remain at large.

Police say the dangerous situation could have turned deadly with so many last-minute Christmas shoppers within feet of the shooting.

More articles here:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...md&btnG=Search

You know how MD is though... The MD media & lawmakers will spin it so it'll be the fault of the law abiding gun owners who provided the weapons to the gangbangers by having them in their homes to be stolen in the first place!
    Maybe PA should annex MD & give them the 2A for Christmas!

(York County)

Default Re: MD mall shooting - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by 87th PVI View Post
    You know how MD is though... The MD media & lawmakers will spin it so it'll be the fault of the law abiding gun owners who provided the weapons to the gangbangers by having them in their homes to be stolen in the first place!
    Maybe PA should annex MD & give them the 2A for Christmas!
    Trust me, we don't want that shithole.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

(Armstrong County)

Remember that Maryland, New Jersey, and New York are Criminal Protection Zones

All their gun laws are helping the criminals and LEO's as they promote job security for both.

Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Venango County)

I call BS......such things can't happen in "gun free zones"

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by markheck1 View Post
    I call BS......such things can't happen in "gun free zones"
    I agree. These reporters must be lieing again, these are gun free zones and we all know that everyone abides by the laws right. Listen I am trying not to laugh.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 87th PVI View Post
    Police recovered two weapons from inside Macy's, and they believe at least one shot was fired inside a dressing room of the store. One of the recovered guns was reported stolen from another Maryland jurisdiction.

Approximately two to three hours after the shooting, a 19-year-old man was arrested at the mall in conjunction with the shooting. He was carrying a handgun that was also stolen from another Maryland jurisdiction, police said. Detectives believe he could be one of the shooters.
    Well gee golly, im surprised this could even happen, i thought that if the gun was reported lost or stolen that everything would be ok...

Perfect example of how the Lost or stolen gun law will do absolutely nothing to prevent violent crime.

(Venango County)

Perfect example of how a gun law will not deter someone who is already planning a more heinous crime....DOH!

that's the one that gets me the most.......the one that I cannot even begin to comprehend that the other side cannot see.

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(York County)

Please excuse me while I install my " surprised face."
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Monroe County)

This story is a complete lie. It must be made up, IT MUST BE!
    All my liberal friends tell me that I'll never need my gun at the mall!!!!!!

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Sounds like more gangbanger-itus. Just like the one 2 years ago. Has nothing to do with guns, has to do with stupid behavior begat by stupid behavior. If they didn't have guns by some incredible miracle ( I have oceanfront condos in Death Valley to sell too), they would be knifing eachother or putting gas filled tires over eachothers heads and setting them aflame like is done in Africa.

The incident 2 years ago had an off duty secret service guy engage the shooter. So you see, what is needed are armed citizens who can't get sued by the BG's/BG's families later, even better if the armed citizens have had some training on engaging active shooters . Let's say that mall was in PA and us PAFOA-ers held weekly OC meals there. How many gangbangers do you think would want to hang out to do their bad biz there after seeing a bunch of armed citizens there so often? Or lets say a couple incidences happened where the gangbangers got shot by armed citizens when trying to rob/jack them. I think the rest of the lowlifes would go bye-bye from that location.

But hey with assholes like Senator Frosh...crime is good for business!
    LOL, I am a woman...