Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Open Carry Honeybaked Ham, Glen Mills, PA

Went to Honeybaked Ham on 202 in Glen Mills with the little man (5 year old son) to pick up the ham for tomorrow. After receiving the ham we were waiting in line to pay. My son was standing on my weak side. I had my Glock 23 in a Blackhawk Serpa, OWB, level 2 holster at about 3 o'clock, on my right side.

I hear this lady behind me whisper to the person with her, "he doesn't look like a cop." After hearing this I of course had to turn around somehow to "let the schooling begin". I slowly scanned the shelves and store around me eventually ending up turned around enough so I could see the two soccer moms behind me.

One of them then said "excuse me sir, are you a cop?" I had to hit her with my favorite line which I like to use to soften a potential anti up and inject some humor into the situation. I said, "ma'am I'm not a police officer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night." The other lady who didn't ask the question started laughing but the question asker just stared at me trying to burn a hole through me. The next thing she says is, "if you're not a cop you can't carry a gun on your hip like that, it needs to be hidden."

I responded "ma'am, you couldn't be more mistaken, open carry is legal in Pennsylvania provided you are not a prohibited person." I reached in my back pocket and handed her a PaPatriot flyer. She looked at the cover, angrily stuffed it in her purse and then as she pointed at my son said, "well what about him?"

At this point I realized she was a fear mongering anti, and further conversation would lead nowhere. I replied "you don't have to worry about my son, I do. Please read the flier I gave you and have a wonderful Christmas." This was coincidentally timed perfectly as it was my turn to pay for the ham and get back home. She just continued staring at me as I paid and left the store.

Hopefully she reads the flier and educates herself. Also stopped at the WAWA in Fraser, PA on the way home without incident. I've handed out several fliers there to the employees in the previous months.

Merry Christmas to all the nice members here at PAFOA.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Open Carry Honeybaked Ham, Glen Mills, PA

Good interaction, and Merry Christmas to you and yours. Enjoy the ham.

(Delaware County)

Merry Xmas to you, and thanks for doing a little "ice breaking" and educating of the local citizenry in our neck of the woods. I consider myself a CC'er, however this time of year I'm carry my Glock 23 (great gun!) OWB in either a Fobus paddle or my new Bianchi Carry-Lok. Inevitably the jacket comes off at some point and I get the stares as well, especially when I have my boy in tow. I have to print out a couple of those flyers!!
    "Things have taken a turn for the surreal." - Capt. John Miller

She looked at the cover, angrily stuffed it in her purse and then as she pointed at my son said, "well what about him?"
    Correct answer would have been...

"Don't worry about him, his gun's at home as he's not legal to carry it yet!
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigMan1980 View Post
    Merry Xmas to you, and thanks for doing a little "ice breaking" and educating of the local citizenry in our neck of the woods. I consider myself a CC'er, however this time of year I'm carry my Glock 23 (great gun!) OWB in either a Fobus paddle or my new Bianchi Carry-Lok. Inevitably the jacket comes off at some point and I get the stares as well, especially when I have my boy in tow. I have to print out a couple of those flyers!!
    We need to meet for an OC lunch

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post
    Correct answer would have been...

"Don't worry about him, his gun's at home as he's not legal to carry it yet!
    Jdl-

+1 for that comment. The woman would certainly have crapped herself had he said that.
    "You want more gun control? Use both hands."

(Monroe County)

So she says" Well if you're not a cop, you can't wear that like that! It has to be hidden!"......

Just once I would love to start pulling at my hair, drop to the floor and start kicking my feet, while screaming, "I KNEW IT!! I JUST FUCKING KNEW IT!!!!! ARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!! I JUST KNEW I WAS BEING A BAD BOY CARRYING THIS EVIL AROUND WITH ME!!!!!"....or something similarly dramatic......*sigh* but alas I don't, I just smile and be polite, with(if you can believe it) absolutely as little sarcasm as I can manage....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GL23 View Post
    She looked at the cover, angrily stuffed it in her purse and then as she pointed at my son said, "well what about him?"
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post
    Correct answer would have been... "Don't worry about him, his gun's at home as he's not legal to carry it yet!
    Or you could try: "Exactly. He's why I carry." Appeal to the "Momma Bear" instinct.

(Tioga County)

Sadly, It's unlikely she will read the flyer or change her mind about the evil ways of firearms. It's not that she can't be educated, she just doesn't want to be. Her mind is made up from years of exposure to the, "evils of firearms".
    USNRET '61-'81

(Luzerne County)

Good job.

But think of the children, is becoming an anti mantra. Its like because you are a gun enthusiast you are a bad parent.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast