Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default License to Carry in Delaware County...taking forever! Questions...

Wasn't sure where to post this. My apologies if it's misplaced....

Good morning,
    I'm a resident of Delaware County. I put my LTCF application in on November 25. This morning, I called for an update and was told that the Sheriff's Office may take up to three months to process the permit, apparently because the office is "behind with so many requests."

State law indicates that after 45 days, a permit must have been approved or denied.

What's the deal? I would like to be able to carry my sidearm with me but I'm rather disappointed by the service that the Sheriff's Office is providing. The permit application comes at a fee of $46 per permit and I suppose that I expected that at the cost, I might actually receive the permit in a timely manner.

Rant over. Can anyone provide me with some information about Delaware County's processing?
    Edit/Delete Message

(Delaware County)

Default Re: License to Carry...takes up to three months to process?!?!

So they say. If you placed your permit application on Nov. 25, you should expect it toward the end of January. As far as the 45 days are concerned, there attitude would be simply....Take us to court. There is no consistent waiting period throughout the 67 counties. Del. Co. generally takes 60 days.

(Centre County)

Default Re: License to Carry in Delaware County...taking forever! Questions...

You will receive a yes or no in a timely manner. in 45 days like they say. thats how long mine took.

(Centre County)

and pretty sure that it says 45 Business Days. which is about 3 months.

(Luzerne County)

Title 18 provides them with 45 days to process. Lacking language indicating business days, the courts rule this means 45 calendar days.

If they do not issue in 45 days you will need to sue them. Or wait and turn the other cheek.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Quote Originally Posted by anythingmilitarybuff View Post
    Good morning,
    I'm a resident of Delaware County. I put my LTCF application in on November 25. This morning, I called for an update and was told that the Sheriff's Office may take up to three months to process the permit, apparently because the office is "behind with so many requests."

State law indicates that after 45 days, a permit must have been approved or denied.

What's the deal? I would like to be able to carry my sidearm with me but I'm rather disappointed by the service that the Sheriff's Office is providing. The permit application comes at a fee of $46 per permit and I suppose that I expected that at the cost, I might actually receive the permit in a timely manner.

Rant over. Can anyone provide me with some information about Delaware County's processing?
    Yeah but the Sheriff in Beaver has a Chrystal ball, he knows ahead of time your coming, so it only takes 10 minutes to take the picture and your gone with the permit...
    Basically its a 1 call thing, they call Pics or Nics and if you pass your out with the permit.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Delaware County)

That's what I expected to hear. I'll just wait patiently.

Thanks for the replies!

(Philadelphia County)

I applied in Philadelphia this week and was told it will take a couple of months. I guess people are worried that Obama is going to shut down the LTCF system.

I walked out of Erie County with mine in hand in about twenty minutes. There was not exactly a line though. I can almost understand the more populated counties taking longer to process the applications, but THREE MONTHS? That just seems long.
    Jules

(York County)

The key is "Business Days". 5 business days in a business week = 9 weeks. Provided there are no holidays in that time frame. But depending on how your coun ty works the holidays you have to add X-mas, thanksgiving, and maybe even New Years which would add a week or so for county employees being off. Be patient, it will come.
    Dave W.
    3%

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast