Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Looking for a public open range, near NE Lancaster,Berks, chester.

I am looking for a free, open range to take my glock shooting when i get it, hopefully anywhere near NE Lancaster County, Southern Berks, or even Chester. I got told about french creek state park but I also got told they took away the 25yd. Is this true? Any help would be great!

Thanks!
    Dane

(York County)

Default Re: Looking for a public open range, near NE Lancaster,Berks, chester.

Have you tried looking on the game lands range? Personally I hate them, only use them when shooting someone I cannot convince to cough up the coin for a membership at my place. But seriously I would try to find an affordable club in your area. I know it costs money, but believe me you will love the difference.

Dave W.
    3%

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    Have you tried looking on the game lands range? Personally I hate them, only use them when shooting someone I cannot convince to cough up the coin for a membership at my place. But seriously I would try to find an affordable club in your area. I know it costs money, but believe me you will love the difference.

Dave W.
    Yeah sometime after the new year where I can bank some more money I would like to find a club, but in the mean time I'd like to go shoot and practice. Where would I find information out about game lands?

I never really thought about it but. Are there any indoor ranges around Lancaster County?
    Last edited by The Unknown 1087; December 25th, 2008 at 06:39 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    I am looking for a free, open range to take my glock shooting when i get it, hopefully anywhere near NE Lancaster County, Southern Berks, or even Chester. I got told about french creek state park but I also got told they took away the 25yd. Is this true? Any help would be great!

Thanks!
    Dane
    yes they removed the 25yd stands @ sgl 43.. you might want to look in to joining atglen, they have a 500yd range... and shorter distances as well obviously

(Chester County)

Atglen has open enrolement starting Febuary 10th (at the club meeting).
    When all the open memberships are filled, that's it until next Febuary.
    I don't know how many memberships they have open, but I think last year it was like 150.
    http://www.atglensportsmensclub.org/index.asp

(Lancaster County)

Thanks for the responses, earlier tonight I found one out in Manhiem, they have an indoor range thats open to the public, I am going to check that one out whenever I can since its only a 15-20min drive. Anyone have any experience over there?