Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default CONCEAL CARRY QUESTION

I have a question about CC restrictions. I currently have a a LTCF in PA and have been seing a lot of stores posting that no weapons permitted. Is this legal? Do they have the right to restrict CC from entering the store? What if you don't see the sign upon entering the stores? Is not patronizing the store my only recourse?

I have tried to read and research this matter but the info is not very definite with answers from what I found. Just wanted to see if anyone could enlighten me on this subject.

Thanks.

Default Re: CONCEAL CARRY QUESTION

"Private Properties, land owner and tenant rights prevail above all:
    1. If the land/facility isn't owned by a municipality, township, county, state or fed government - then it is private property. In fact, even many properties maintained by a municipality of any level in PA is still private property - but the municipality has a lease or right-of-way. Most parcels are surveyed from the center of the road in front of your land or another common marker as a starting point.

2. Malls, stores, movie theaters, restaurants, bars, etc are private property - they may ask you to leave if you are carrying a firearm, or the may ask you to leave if you aren't carrying a gun, they may ask you to leave because you weren't wearing a pink tutu with a tactical thigh holster, they may ask you to leave for ANY reason and you must comply.

3. Just because persons may come and go in a place as they please, doesn't make it "public" property. What makes property "public" or "private" is whether the land/real-estate is owned by an individual/company/corporation(private) or by the people as a whole(public).

4. Unless you have an Allodial Title, you do not own your land - you lease it from the government by means of property taxes and hold rights by "Color of Deed".

5. To sum things up, your land is actually public property that is leased by means of taxes in the Fee Simple/Feudal Title system allowing you to claim it as private(Color of Deed). The government then requires right-of-ways from you for roads or other easements. Landowners and tenants may deny carrying on their properties, which you should respect if you care for others to respect your property rights."

(Cumberland County)

If you are carrying concealed how do they know it? If you have one in hand thats different.

Stores that I have seen that post "No Firearms" usually have a gun/ammo section. They don't know if you just pulled something off the rack and plan on walking out with it or are bringing it in for repair. Gander Mtn, Cabella's, Bass Pro all have similiar signs. Most, if read or inquired about do not pertain to lawful CC carry. You check the gun at the front register/entrance and they take it from there.

Then again, if it means no guns period you should tell us what stores they are so we can either avoid supporting their anti way or get them to better clarify what they mean on their signage.

(Jefferson County)

They certainly have a right to say you aren't allowed to bring guns. Private property is private property, owners and tenants are Kings of their land.

While such "No Gun" signs dont have a direct coded prohibition like Ohio or Texas "No Guns" or TX 30-06 signs do which result in an offense for disobeying them. They can however serve as a conditional warning for trespassing. Sorta like "No Truck Turning" signs, drivers can get cited for trespassing for turning their Peterbuilt.

The best thing to do if you feel you need to carry in a private place that prohibits carrying - conceal it deep, and keep it concealed. Nobody will be the wiser of it.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(York County)

Property owners can do whatever they want pretty much. They could put asign like the bars and gyms have, No hats, doo rags whatever. But you have choices. You can continue to CC, if you get busted you get asked to leave. If you refuse to leave then and only then have you broken the law, you are now trespassing. But you cannot be arrested for CC in a place like that.

Dave W.
    3%