Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bedford County)

Default Introduced my Dad to EBR today!

Took the Colt AR out today to test some of my reloads. My dad was there he was going to shoot his muzzleoader to get ready for the after Xmas season.

My dad has hunted all his life and he owns rifles and shotguns but no pistols or EBR's. He's usually gruff when I bring my pistols to shoot "what in the hell do you need those things for?" He has always refused me when I ask if he wants to shoot the pistols. I did get him to shoot my 1858 Remington NMA and my Uberti Colt Walker on Thanksgiving. I think he enjoyed it even though he wouldn't admit it. He's was routinely hittin snowballs at 20-25 yards with them. So I figured I was making ground on him.

I inserted a 30 rounder in the EBR and asked him if he wanted to give her a whirl. He didn't say anything just took the gun and asked what to do. I showed him the sights, safe, etc. I figured he would shoot a few then hand it to me. Well he got about halfway thru the mag and turned to me with a grin and asked "how many's in here"? I said thirty and he just turned and emptied it out. I think he enjoyed it but I don't figure him to go out and buy one.
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Introduced my Dad to EBR today!

Hey, you never know. Maybe the old man will surprise you. At least he didn't shake his head and walk away when you asked if he wanted to try it.

Well done.
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}

Good job! My Dad isn't much of a pistol guy either, but he had a lot of fun with the AK last summer.

(Montgomery County)

That's great!!! At least he gave it a try. I'm sure he was grinning from ear to ear.

My dad is the same way. He has a few rifles and shotguns for hunting but he doesn't understand owning pistols or my BRD. He can't understand why i would "need" those guns. I'm still working on him though. Unfortunatly, he is kinda a typical fudd type. He doesn't get that owning guns isn't about hunting.

(Luzerne County)

He will be back for more..
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Bucks County)

I would never let my dad know I have an AR. I know he would look at me and say something like "What the hell did you buy that for? Talk about throwing your money away. You should worry more about fixing up your house than buying things like that." He gave me that attitude when I bought a second REVOLVER. And as for semi-auto pistols, forget about it. If it isn't for hunting or have a partial hunting dual purpose, it would be frowned upon.
    It's funny though, although he doesn't think I should be buying any semi's, he owns a few belly semi's that are real POS. My dad has a great rifle and shotgun collection that will someday be passed to me, but the pistols will be offered to my sisters.

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuakertownRich View Post
    I would never let my dad know I have an AR. I know he would look at me and say something like "What the hell did you buy that for? Talk about throwing your money away. You should worry more about fixing up your house than buying things like that." He gave me that attitude when I bought a second REVOLVER. And as for semi-auto pistols, forget about it. If it isn't for hunting or have a partial hunting dual purpose, it would be frowned upon.
    It's funny though, although he doesn't think I should be buying any semi's, he owns a few belly semi's that are real POS. My dad has a great rifle and shotgun collection that will someday be passed to me, but the pistols will be offered to my sisters.
    Sounds like your dad might a bit worse than mine with our guns. Sometimes it's like a scene out of Grumpy Old Men!
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997