Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Question Fighting with a CCW

I was reading the newspaper this morning and came across an article of a barbershop owner in Northeast Philly was shot to death..as I read on I found out that someone may have bumped his car and they got into an altercation. It further goes on to say that he has a permit to carry and his .45 is missing, so in part it may have been his own gun that he was shot with....the crooks may have grabbed it in the middle of the fight from his holster....

My first thought was that if he was carrying and outnumbered was he justified in pulling his weapon and using it? I think so but am not sure.....any body want to clarify for me.....and has anything like that happened to you? I am interested.....

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Fighting with a CCW

1. He got into an altercation when someone bumped his car. First mistake. If that happened to me, and it started to get ugly, I would of walked back into my shop, locked the door, and called the cops. I tend to not get too upset (especially when carrying) if some one bumps into my car, or anything like that. It's just not worth yelling and screaming over.

2. He probably had never taken a hand to hand, shooting, or nay other kind of class in his life. Had he done that, it might of ended differently. People cant just strap on guns and expect that to be the end-all to self defense. I (like many people) worked from the ground up: empty hand, knife, then gun. Doing that gives you alot more options than to simply just pulling out your gun.

If he was outnumbered, and they had the ability, oppertunity, and intent to do him harm, then yes, he was justified. (any attacker has to have those 3 things before you're justified).

Quote Originally Posted by Dametheman View Post
    I was reading the newspaper this morning and came across an article of a barbershop owner in Northeast Philly was shot to death..as I read on I found out that someone may have bumped his car and they got into an altercation. It further goes on to say that he has a permit to carry and his .45 is missing, so in part it may have been his own gun that he was shot with....the crooks may have grabbed it in the middle of the fight from his holster....

My first thought was that if he was carrying and outnumbered was he justified in pulling his weapon and using it? I think so but am not sure.....any body want to clarify for me.....and has anything like that happened to you? I am interested.....
    Heck, I know somebody who used to live in Philly in a bad neighborhood. One night, bunch of street punks just took his car right in front of his house. He came out of the house yelling, but them punks got rocks and bats and perhap and no doubt, some guns (hidden until needed). So his wife pulled him back inside the house and called the police.

Police was too late, them punks got his car and the police later recovered the car at a chop shop. Now that is hurt, man. Your car got taken right before your eyes.
    Now in this guy case, it is unfortunate, but he could have been alive today if he just remained calm and called the police. No material stuffs worth more than your life.

Back to my friend case, he is alive today because his wife shock some sense in him. Now if them punks tried to attack him and his family inside the house. The AK comes out...........he swore.

1FingrCHan

Quote Originally Posted by jmateer View Post
    1. He got into an altercation when someone bumped his car. First mistake. If that happened to me, and it started to get ugly, I would of walked back into my shop, locked the door, and called the cops. I tend to not get too upset (especially when carrying) if some one bumps into my car, or anything like that. It's just not worth yelling and screaming over.

2. He probably had never taken a hand to hand, shooting, or nay other kind of class in his life. Had he done that, it might of ended differently. People cant just strap on guns and expect that to be the end-all to self defense. I (like many people) worked from the ground up: empty hand, knife, then gun. Doing that gives you alot more options than to simply just pulling out your gun.

If he was outnumbered, and they had the ability, oppertunity, and intent to do him harm, then yes, he was justified. (any attacker has to have those 3 things before you're justified).
    Man, you just make too much sense, its scary, hehehehehheh. That is correct, I was taught as a gun owner that the most important thing is your mind. Guns are just tools and provisional means that the mind directs. Most people I know don't think with cool head when angry.

1FingrCHan