Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Smith & Wesson's Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat088 View Post
    Now the guy that answered the phone, wasn't the smartest because he told me to put lock-tite on the screws. If I put the type that formed a permanent bond, it could be a huge problem because you have to take off the stabilizer every time you clean the pistol, lol, so that wouldn't work out too well.
    Loc-tite is fine as long as you dont use "red" thats the heavy duty stuff. If you were to put the blue on it, it would be fine. Loc-tite does not form a permanent bond. But yea I also have a Walther and just got a can for it and AAC recomends using loc-tite to hold the barrel adapter on and the can to the barrel adapter. Thats fine and well but I surely dont want to clean my threads everytime i take the gun out shooting for cleaning purposes. Also YES S&W does have great customer service, atleast they did for my dad when his 20yr old model 41 was stove piping and FE. They have an authorized smith in washington at ACE sporting goods. They did all of the work in about 4 weeks and then everybody wanted to buy the damn thing.... thats about the only complaint hes has with his 41 "everytime I take it out somebody wants it".

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by halfrunner View Post
    Smith & Wesson quality contol and customer service is lousy! I purchased a new M&P 15A (rifle) amost three weeks ago. Was sold on the name, the dealer said it was hand fitted and tested at the factory. Well, I tried to test fire it at home using three different brands of ammo. Would not fire one round. I took it back to the dealer (largest gun dealer in Cincinnati). Their gunsmith looked at it but could not determine what was wrong. So the Smith&Wesson regional rep was called.
    Said no problem wil get you a return call tag to return to factory. I called the dealer again and was told yeah it should be coming in a couple of days. (It has been almost three weeks since I put out $980 for this gun and still don't even have authorization to return it to the factory). The dealer just laughs and says that it takes up to 6 months for S&W to return firearms to him! The dealer has my money, the S&W Rep just doesn't care, and calling customer service at S&W only gets me a "we can't do a thing until the gun is returned! I'm left with a cheap plastic gun case, a cheap manual and a made in china lock for $980!!
    you should've just contacted S&W directly. i owned a SW9VE, and i sent it to them twice. both times, i was sent a UPS shipping label, free of charge, and they not only fixed the problems i had, they went on and replaced parts that their gunsmiths thought needed replacing. the second time i shipped my gun out, i essentially received a brand new pistol from them. their customer service went above and beyond what was necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by rflynn View Post
    That sounds like your dealer is the problem. If I sold it to you I would have waited 1 or 2 days and either had the return label or I would have paid out of my own pocket to send it back. It is not a big deal 15 or 20 bucks ground. And I think that may be high if you have a UPS account.
    I have never had a problem with Smith and Wesson customer service other than waiting on hold for a long time.
    I'd agree. About 2 months ago I had a problem with my M&P9c and sent an email with a brief explanation of the problem to S&W customer service. Got an email reply back that day, and a second email a couple of days later with a FedEx label .pdf attached. Printed it out, put the gun in a FedEx box and took it to the FedEx office. Had it back in less than 2 weeks. Cost me zero and they threw in a mag when they returned it.

I'm not to thrilled with them right now either. Sent my PPK/S back for the recall, took 12 weeks to get it back and now it misfires in D/A mode.
    Emailed them my info for return authorization 11/16 and am still waiting.
    Should have gotten a Sig 232 instead.

(Bucks County)

My lone experience with S&W cust serv was exceptional. Fast turn around, about 3 weeks. Did above and beyond fixing the original problem but also extra fine-tuning of trigger on my 686 and NO CHARGE! I've since sold that particular pre-lock /post non-firing pin on hammer model(later developed light primer strikes) to an older 5" model 27. S&W is still upper echelon, IMO.

(Bucks County)

I sent my PPK/S Aristocrat in to them for the same recall and because it had some deep gouges in the frame from the less than 200 rounds I had put through it.

They stamped the frame (not too pleased about that) to indicate that the pistol was worked on instead of simply keeping a database of worked pistols.

They "polished" the feed ramp to stop the extremely frequent jams. The feed ramp looks like it was worked on by high school shop class kids now. Thanks.

Additionally, my pistol was returned to me absolutely filthy.

While I'm sure they take care of a lot of people, when handling high volume situations, I can't say I am too happy. My issue had nothing to do with the timing. I sent my pistol in after I heard about other people having their pistols returned. I got it back in about a month.

-Zach

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    I'm not to thrilled with them right now either. Sent my PPK/S back for the recall, took 12 weeks to get it back and now it misfires in D/A mode.
    Emailed them my info for return authorization 11/16 and am still waiting.
    Should have gotten a Sig 232 instead.

(Franklin County)

Zach,

You have a picture from where they stamped it?

I'd like to see that if you don't mind.

(Bucks County)

I'll have it posted in a few moments...let me take a picture...

-Zach

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
    Zach,

You have a picture from where they stamped it?

I'd like to see that if you don't mind.

(Bucks County)

It is that little dot on the top of the beaver tail. It looks like it was done with a scribe or awe.

I understand why they did it, but could they not have chosen somewhere less obvious or as I said, maybe just kept track by serial number?

-Zach
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Bucks County)

I had to deal with their Customer Service twice in the last six months and I was very pleased with both experiences. Both times after I called them, I had the prepaid FEDEX label in my hands in two days. Both my rifle and my pistol were backed to me within a week. I would recommend calling them and not contacting them thru email. At first I tried that thru their website and did not get a response. But as soon as I called them, they were great.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast