Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Governor Rendell Pleads For Gun Control Measures at Pennsylvania Press Club Luncheon

Yesterday, during a speech to the Pennsylvania Press Club, Governor Ed Rendell (D) tied his term-limit proposal to what he considered the urgent need for gun-control legislation.

His voice rising, his fist pounding the dais, Rendell said that if lawmakers were true "citizen soldiers," Pennsylvania might finally be able to enact a law halting straw purchases of handguns. Rendell claimed that if lawmakers' terms were limited, they might be less fearful of the gun lobby and more likely to support a long-stalled proposal to limit handgun purchases to one a month. "That law should be passed," Rendell said. "No one who is sane and rational would vote against one handgun a month."

Please contact the Governor at (717) 787-2500, your State Senator, and your State Representative, and respectfully urge them to oppose any anti-gun control measures.

We have enough laws on the books. We need to throw the books at the criminals!

source: NRA-ILA
    Last edited by doug; March 28th, 2007 at 01:18 PM.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Governor Rendell Pleads For Gun Control Measures at Pennsylvania Press Club Lunch

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    Rendell said that if lawmakers were true "citizen soldiers," ....
    I think Mr. Rendell has clue what the F*@K a "Citizen Soldier is:

(From http://www.cybershooters.org/morges_museum.htm)

(Berks County)

Default Re: Governor Rendell Pleads For Gun Control Measures at Pennsylvania Press Club Lunch

Please contact the Governor at (717) 787-2500, your State Senator, and your State Representative, and respectfully urge them to oppose any anti-gun control measures.

We have enough laws on the books. We need to throw the books at the criminals!
    Amazingly enough, they aren't picking up on the Gov's number right now. I will try again later today but I have a funny feeling that it may stay this way.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Bucks County)

"That law should be passed," Rendell said. "No one who is sane and rational would vote against one handgun a month."
    Actually, sane and rational people would look for actual evidence that one-gun-a-month laws do anything. The remarkable thing about gun controllers is that they never even think to provide evidence for their assertions, or to even recognize the concept of evidence. Gun control cant is presented almost as a religious tenet.

(Beaver County)

I went to the state website and couldn't find a way to e-mail him. A little help please. Also looked at the news releases and couldn't confirm Dougs statement. Anywhere to confirm this?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by roland View Post
    I went to the state website and couldn't find a way to e-mail him. A little help please. Also looked at the news releases and couldn't confirm Dougs statement. Anywhere to confirm this?
    It took some time, but I was able to hunt down his e-mail site.
    http://sites.state.pa.us/PA_Exec/Governor/govmail.html

I also took the opportunity to express my views to him. I'm probably whistling in the wind with it but here you go.

Sir;
    Regarding your comments to the Pennsylvania Press Club the other day. I would like to let you know that I could not be any more repulsed by your statements regarding gun control laws if you had made them in a public forum. You and I both know that the laws you support will only affect the law abiding, to state otherwise would be an untruth of the first degree. I served ten years on active duty in the U.S. Air Force, I spent roughly half of that time overseas, to infer that "citizen soldiers" would support your proposals is absurd as it is infuriating. Let me assure you that I will be contacting my legislators and advising them that should they decide to support your proposals I will do all in my power to ensure that this is their last term in office.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

The governor appeals to the emotion of the mass. Just show him some 'facts' and statistics. Take DC gun ban as an example, it does not work. Philly problem is too many punks allow the freedom to walk the street. Them Philly folks should form their own citizen police force like neighborhood watch and bring back the mob "soldati", that would take care of them street punks.

1FingrCHan

(Lebanon County)

Just called. Left a message with a pleasent receptionist. I chose my words very carefully. I told her I was "disturbed" by his comments, that the FBI studies proved one gun a month laws don't work, they only effect law abiding tax payers, the ones who pay hiis salery. If he wants to live in a totaritalism regime, he should move to China, or New Jersey. We have enough laws on the books, enforce what we got.

Don't think Slick Eddy will listen to me, but if enough of us call in, he might back off a little.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    I think Mr. Rendell has clue what the F*@K a "Citizen Soldier is:

(From http://www.cybershooters.org/morges_museum.htm)
    This is one reason why Switzerland was one of the only nations in Western Europe NOT to be invaded by the Nazis during WWII.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Beaver County)

Thanks Billamj, I added it to my favorite places. Here is what I sent:

I am discouraged to hear your veiwpoint at a recent luncheon regarding a one gun a month law. Although I havn't been able to confirm this recent statement, it is on the order of what you've said in the past. Personally I think it's ridiculous to think a one gun a month law in any way would curb gun violence. Maryland enacted a similar law and Maryland determined it didn't statistically do anything to deter gun violence. I think your and the legislators time and efforts would be better spent on determining a solution and not just a bandaid law. I understand you may be under pressure from lobby groups, however recent gun controll bills such as HB760 has remnants of 1930's Germany all over it. I contacted the sponsors of that bill to make them aware of that.
    I would like to leave this on a good note, Last year you were at Pitcarin Monroeville Sportsman Club, near Pittsburgh and signed the Youth Mentoring bill into law and I commend you for that. It was a long time comming and I'd like to thank you for continued efforts for making Pennsylvania a great place to live.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast