(Pike County)

Default Re: Firearms Survey

done and done.
    Ma also took the survey.
    Last edited by gf45acp; December 19th, 2008 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Ma

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by WVneighbor View Post
    There will be at least two responses where ZOMBIES were entered.
    Thought about Zombie answers, but didn't want to have to explain it.
    "Anything not compulsory, is strictly prohibited!!"

(Allegheny County)

I just want to give everyone an update. As of right now I have collected 115 surveys, 90 male and 25 female! My goal is a minimum of 100 with 50 male 50 female, but the more people that take it, the more accurate the results.

Keep it comin and keep sending women to take it! Thanks to everyone that has! Rep is going out to all of you that post that you filled it out but I can only give out so many a day.

(Luzerne County)

I will ask the wife to take it later.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Butler County)

Add 1 to the female column. Good luck.

(Fayette County)

Annie,

I took the survey, and being that I do marketing research/analysis for my career, I'm just curious on something, and have a suggestion.

First, are you analyzing the data in SPSS or SAS, or just calculating averages in Excel?

Second, It would possibly have been more beneficial to your results if you would have asked for more demographic data aside from gender. Race, income level, childern in home, community type (country, small town, city), etc... This way, you could have calculated various statistical significances of those demographics in relation ot the data that you have collected.

Some things that came to mind when I was taking the survey are age vs. "type of gun" ownership such as a semi auto/revolver, or semi/bolt bias by those age groups. (Same with community type, etc...).

Then again, I don't know the goals of your project, so I appologize for giving you my $0.02... Just some things to think about if you need/want to expand this in the future....

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

I'll get my SIL to take it. She is looking into getting an HD shotgun and a PD handgun. I'm talking to her about taking some classes and such before she gets any, but she is doing a ton of research.

When you post the report can you edit the first post to include is so we don't need to wade through the whole thread?

(Allegheny County)

Took the survey. Interested in seeing the results.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Allegheny County)

Smile Re: Firearms Survey

Quote Originally Posted by bvaguy30 View Post
    Annie,

I took the survey, and being that I do marketing research/analysis for my career, I'm just curious on something, and have a suggestion.

First, are you analyzing the data in SPSS or SAS, or just calculating averages in Excel?

Second, It would possibly have been more beneficial to your results if you would have asked for more demographic data aside from gender. Race, income level, childern in home, community type (country, small town, city), etc... This way, you could have calculated various statistical significances of those demographics in relation ot the data that you have collected.

Some things that came to mind when I was taking the survey are age vs. "type of gun" ownership such as a semi auto/revolver, or semi/bolt bias by those age groups. (Same with community type, etc...).

Then again, I don't know the goals of your project, so I appologize for giving you my $0.02... Just some things to think about if you need/want to expand this in the future....
    Yay, someone who I can get wordy and nerdy with!

I am going to be analyzing it in spss. The study is on the firearms adoption process measuring awareness, interest, evaluation, trial, and adoption.

My hypothesis is that most people drop out or have significant difficulties in the interest and trial stages, especially women. I am going to do do a gap analysis and compare the means between stuff like how important different items are and how easy it is to find information on those items. That's just one example.

I didn't feel that demographics other than sex and how many guns you own were extremely relevant for my purposes.

I'm glad that you guys are finding this so interesting!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Oakley View Post
    I just want to give everyone an update. As of right now I have collected 115 surveys, 90 male and 25 female! My goal is a minimum of 100 with 50 male 50 female, but the more people that take it, the more accurate the results.

Keep it comin and keep sending women to take it! Thanks to everyone that has! Rep is going out to all of you that post that you filled it out but I can only give out so many a day.
    I filled it out, I am female ! :-D

Ok moving right along then..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast