Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Thumbs up Secure wall mount for displaying firearms.

I subscribe to a few YouTube channels and about a week ago I received an E-Mail update from some of the channels I watch. In that E-Mail I saw a video for a cool product called "Ridgeback Racks". Simply put it's a custom "rack" that mounts onto your wall and allows you to lock your firearm into this "rack". Seems like it's well made, very affordable (A custom one for a specific firearm only going for $105) and American made. I don't know about you guys but I always had an idea for displaying a few firearms in my room but shot down the idea since that would make it easy for someone to grab it and go. With this product it would be screwed into stud's so it wouldn't be as easy. Anyway feel free to check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=UIu4auy4vAY

http://www.ridgebackracks.com/
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Default Re: Secure wall mount for displaying firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    I subscribe to a few YouTube channels and about a week ago I received an E-Mail update from some of the channels I watch. In that E-Mail I saw a video for a cool product called "Ridgeback Racks". Simply put it's a custom "rack" that mounts onto your wall and allows you to lock your firearm into this "rack". Seems like it's well made, very affordable (A custom one for a specific firearm only going for $105) and American made. I don't know about you guys but I always had an idea for displaying a few firearms in my room but shot down the idea since that would make it easy for someone to grab it and go. With this product it would be screwed into stud's so it wouldn't be as easy. Anyway feel free to check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=UIu4auy4vAY

http://www.ridgebackracks.com/
    Unless it's anchored with heavy bolts in concrete, I can get through those in less than 30 seconds. 45 if it's in concrete. Their meant to keep honest people from picking up the guns, thieves won't even be annoyed by the racks.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Unless it's anchored with heavy bolts in concrete, I can get through those in less than 30 seconds. 45 if it's in concrete. Their meant to keep honest people from picking up the guns, thieves won't even be annoyed by the racks.
    With or without tools? I think if someone breaks into a home with an alarm blaring and cops within 10 minutes of arrival I think they might just go for something that requires less effort. I figured this mount drilled into studs with heavy duty hardware would be fairly secure in a smash/grab robbery that's common here.

With or without tools? I think if someone breaks into a home with an alarm blaring and cops within 10 minutes of arrival I think they might just go for something that requires less effort. I figured this mount drilled into studs with heavy duty hardware would be fairly secure in a smash/grab robbery that's common here.
    Yeah, with those measures in the mix, those mounts will do the job, unless the thief is really stupid. But the racks themselves, you just need a run of the mill pry bar, studs are good for keeping things on the wall, pry bars are made to take them off. The lock is going to be a screw or bolt run into the lock from the back. Also keep in mind the mounting hardware is probably accessible from the front. I didn't look at any specs on the metal. Are they actually metal? And what gauge? And the locks, many can be drilled out in seconds, literally. A determined thief, unincumbered by alarms and with a reasonable knowledge of demolition and locks won't have any trouble at all. The more plentiful idiot thieves will be less apt to get the guns. The good ones aren't scared, but their careful and planned. The bad ones are scared shitless and just want to grab the easy stuff that is easy to carry and bolt. But hey, no doubt, I like the idea of being able to display such the art that is a beautiful firearm. I can't say I'm not tempted by the idea.

(Pike County)

Yeah, with those measures in the mix, those mounts will do the job, unless the thief is really stupid. But the racks themselves, you just need a run of the mill pry bar, studs are good for keeping things on the wall, pry bars are made to take them off. The lock is going to be a screw or bolt run into the lock from the back. Also keep in mind the mounting hardware is probably accessible from the front. I didn't look at any specs on the metal. Are they actually metal? And what gauge? And the locks, many can be drilled out in seconds, literally. A determined thief, unincumbered by alarms and with a reasonable knowledge of demolition and locks won't have any trouble at all. The more plentiful idiot thieves will be less apt to get the guns. The good ones aren't scared, but their careful and planned. The bad ones are scared shitless and just want to grab the easy stuff that is easy to carry and bolt. But hey, no doubt, I like the idea of being able to display such the art that is a beautiful firearm. I can't say I'm not tempted by the idea.
    I hear that, I guess you have to weigh the risk and determine if you have amateur thieves in your area or pro's.

I hear that, I guess you have to weigh the risk and determine if you have amateur thieves in your area or pro's.
    On the bright side, the pro's usually don't scout for weapons. Just trouble in every way. They are seeking jewels, art and cash. Easy to move and with the Robinhood effect, less severely looked at by society in general. They don't want blood on their hands, it's bad for business.

Not that there aren't some cunning but less than professional sorts roaming around. That's where the alarm comes in handy, it makes up their minds for them. You could even back that up with the rattle alarms. Battery operated little things you can place behind the guns. As soon as they move the gun this thing goes into shriek mode....freakin' loud ass noise. Painfully so.

(Pike County)

On the bright side, the pro's usually don't scout for weapons. Just trouble in every way. They are seeking jewels, art and cash. Easy to move and with the Robinhood effect, less severely looked at by society in general. They don't want blood on their hands, it's bad for business.

Not that there aren't some cunning but less than professional sorts roaming around. That's where the alarm comes in handy, it makes up their minds for them. You could even back that up with the rattle alarms. Battery operated little things you can place behind the guns. As soon as they move the gun this thing goes into shriek mode....freakin' loud ass noise. Painfully so.
    Yeah but I am starting to think twice, I am not too big about making holes in my wall anyway. Plus I am sure the people around here committing the robberies aren't the sharpest knifes in the draw. Good ideas though.

(Monroe County)

Believe it or not most break ins /robberies/ burglaries are inside jobs, the "gangbanger" cross town dont know what you have in your house, but your "friends" do.

A dedicated thief who KNOWS what he is coming for will bring the right tools to get the job done in no time.

Their is no defense against a dedicated thief who plans his burglaries well , even a heavy duty safe can be broken into if the thief brings the right tools.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Believe it or not most break ins /robberies/ burglaries are inside jobs, the "gangbanger" cross town dont know what you have in your house, but your "friends" do.

A dedicated thief who KNOWS what he is coming for will bring the right tools to get the job done in no time.

Their is no defense against a dedicated thief who plans his burglaries well , even a heavy duty safe can be broken into if the thief brings the right tools.
    Outside of movies, there are very few "dedicated thieves". Most are looking for the easiest score they can get. Much like running from a bear, you don't need to be impossible to burgle, you just need to be harder than the next guy, or hard enough that it's not worth the effort.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post

I concur with Helter. Anyway I know very few people up here and I think in all the time I lived up here I invited 1-2 people to my home. So I think I am fairly save in that regard.