Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Daisy Model 2202 Rotary Mag Bolt Action 22 LR

Thank you! I will give em a holler! This should be interesting.

Thanks again!

I had a Daisy 2202 that I just gave to my grandson. It was my son's when he was younger. It is in excellent condition. A year ago I went to get it out of my safe and get it ready to give my grandson for his transition from air operated rifles/pistols to a regular firearm and found out that the rotary magazine was missing. After talking to my son we deducted that we probably accidently threw it away while he was in high school when I made him clean up his room (a big mistake on our part).

My grandson now has the rifle with a spare magazine and a few other parts.
    I was able to upgrade a copy of the original instruction manual with improved safety instructions, firing information and disassembly/assembly instructions, plus color photos of the rifle that I gave to my grandson. These photos replaced the original illustrations in the manual.

Here is some data and information from the front page of the disassembly/assembly instructions that I have on the Daisy 2202:

Daisy Model 2202
    Disassembly / Assembly Instructions
    Similar/Identical Pattern Guns
    The same basic assembly/disassembly steps for the Daisy Model 2202 also apply to the following guns:

Daisy Model 2201
    Daisy Model 2211
    Daisy Model 2212

Data: Daisy Model /2202
    Origin: United States
    Manufacturer: Daisy Manufacturing, Rogers, Arkansas
    Cartridge: 22 Long Rifle
    Magazine Capacity: 10 rounds
    Overall length: 34-1/2 inches
    Barrel length: 19 inches
    Weight: 5 pounds

Marketed under the trade name Legacy, the Model 2202 was introduced in 1988. There was also an identical gun with walnut stock and forend, the Model 2212. The single shot guns of the same design, the Model 2201 and Model 2211, have the same firing mechanism. All four versions were discontinued in 1990. They were neat little guns, and I wish they had stayed in production (This is from the instructions manual).

When I first attempted to find a rotary magazine for it I found that finding these parts can be very difficult. I talked on the phone to a gunsmith in Arizona and he informed me not to give up, they are there and it can take a year or longer to find them out there. I followed that advice and it took me over seven months to find the part, in my case parts. Here is what I was able to obtain:

From GunBroker.com: A NIB spare rotary magazine that was the last one the gentleman had (lucky me). For $49.95. Sorry that's the price I had to pay if I wanted it. It had an original price tag on it that stated $4.95. The gunsmith in Arizona told me that they go for as high as $60.00 to $65.00 out there.

From another forum: A spare barrel, trigger assembly, forend and another rotary magazine. All for $30.00, including shipping. He told me that he just wanted to get rid of the parts that he had them for a long time. He knew that they were hard to find. I think was caused him to sell for that price is that when I sent him the first email I told him I wanted it for my grandson. A great person to deal with (very lucky me).

All the parts I found thru the internet. I did go to several gun shows, called numerous pawnbrokers and gunsmiths in numerous states, including Rodgers, Arkansas where Daisy is located. It was probably in the range of 80 to 100 gunsmiths and pawn shops each.

If you go to the Daisy site and check on their one forum you'll see my postings as to how difficult it is to find parts and what I went thru.

Just do not give up...they are there. It just may take a while!

Thank you. I'll give them a shout.

(Berks County)

Yes, good luck with your search! I just got the 2201 so I don't have to worry about the magazine getting lost, it's the single shot, but I would like to see if I can take it apart and retro fit the magazine to it or do I need more internal parts. I'm in no hurry though, I love it the way it is.

I know I am a little behind this posting. I still have the model 2202 from Daisy. It was produced in the late 80's for only one year. Originally it came with an adjustable synthetic stock not wood. The trigger mechanism is removable also. The heavy octagon barrel is very accurate and easily removed for maintenance. I was taking wood chucks @ 135 paces with open sights no problem. I have shot tens of thousands of rounds over the years through that little gun and it still works great today. I had to add an extension to the stock as I grew. If you can find one in good shape get it and hold on to it. Your children and grand children will love shooting it.

(Montgomery County)

I have 2 rotary 2202 mags. in original packaging. They are expensive but I had no control over that. I got them about a month ago at hoosier gun works. They may still have them listed with a photo. I was told it was the last 2 they had. Let me know if interested. $80.00 each includes shipping .

Hello, I am looking for a Daisy 2202 magazine.. if anyone knows where I can buy 1 I would really appreciate it thank you so much Jen

I do have the Dasiy Model 2202 with 4 magazine.Don't want to break up set,but would gladly sell all for the right price.Make offer@donmarsh42@yahoo.com. In Arkansas,with FFL friend, to transfer anywhere laws accept.

(Berks County)

Even though they're currently sold out on the magazines, numrich has other parts and may get the magazines back in stock. Might be worth checking out and calling them about it. If they get enough calls they may try to get more.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...aspx?catid=175
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12