Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Newbie from Enola

Hey everyone...My name is Dave and I am also from Enola...looks like there are 2 of us. We should start to put together a list of the west shore area ranges with websites or phone numbers. I want to join one but dont know what it all entails to get started. Anyways...I just bought myself a Springfield XD-9 subcompact and I am looking forward to getting out and putting some rounds through her and see what she does.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Newbie from Enola

Check out the West Shore Sportsmen's Association. Their president is a member on this forum. His screen name is 'BullfrogKen'.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Cumberland County)

Hi Dave!

I'm a newbie too and my name is also Dave (I think I'm going to have a party and invite everyone I know named Dave). I live in Lemoyne, and I'm also looking for info on which club to join - Enola or West Shore Sportsmen. Does Enola have an indoor range? What is the cost of a membership there? At West Shore I think it's $55 a year per person or $70 for a family.

(Dauphin County)

Welcome to the boards, im right across the river is Harrisburg

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by GreyWolfJr View Post
    Hi Dave!

I'm a newbie too and my name is also Dave (I think I'm going to have a party and invite everyone I know named Dave). I live in Lemoyne, and I'm also looking for info on which club to join - Enola or West Shore Sportsmen. Does Enola have an indoor range? What is the cost of a membership there? At West Shore I think it's $55 a year per person or $70 for a family.
    I know nothing about the enola club...hoped someone on here did. West shore seemed to be about what you said, but i think 80 for the family.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by yellow-x View Post
    I know nothing about the enola club...hoped someone on here did. West shore seemed to be about what you said, but i think 80 for the family.
    i dont know any thing about any of the clubs .but if you want to get some rounds through your gun let me know. i have a few places close to me i could take you to.

(Dauphin County)

Mechanicsburg Sportsmans Assn has a indoor range and its fairly close to enola...off wertsville rd

(Cumberland County)

I'm usually in the harrisburg area(work), so east shore is fine with me too. I just dont want to have to attend meetings and such just to be a member somewhere. I work retail hours so trying to attend monthly meetings can be tough. I dont mind volunteering to help them out once in a while either. Mechanicsburgs website didnt list much about their indoor range.

(Dauphin County)

I hear ya, I dont want to jump through a ring of fire to join a club either. Hanging around getting signatures from people that you dont even know who are supposed to "vouching" for your person, is hardly comprehendable. You hand around for one day and harass other members for two signatures and these people are supposed to vouch for you after 8 hours of meeting them lol right. I can act NORMAL for one day lol. This is probably the main reason why i haven't joined a club yet.

(Cumberland County)

Enola Sportsmen Assn. has an indoor range (RNL only) in addition, there are outdoor shotgun, rifle, archery and pistol ranges. Two trap houses support a Tuesday and Sunday 6pm shoot, open to the public year round, weather and particpants pending.

Not an easy club to join, very small but also at full capacity, come out and shoot trap some evening, meet the folks and expect a long drawn out process to become a member. Membership sponser must be a charter member with at least 5 year tenure. You will not be offered a membership after 8 hours.

Of course, there is also Bingo every Wednesday night open to the general public starting around 6:30 pm (I think). It will give anyone a general idea of the place.

This club is a throw back to the 1950's and has little interest in technical innovations such as internet. Hence no website. Doesn't need one. But, I'm working on it.

Mechanicsburg Sportmens Protective Assn. is just down the street. http://www.msa-pa.org/ they too have indoor range I think. Yearly rates are posted on their website along with application. They have a great location in the woods and can only assume many deer trails criss crossing everywhere. Membership is open.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast