Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BudsGunShop

Default BudsGunShop

Hey All,

I've been looking around for a handgun principally stuck between the Desert Eagle 9mm Compact($520), S&W M&P 9c ($510), Beretta Storm ($500 range). My question is how is this site and what am I looking at as total cost? How much am I expecting or Transfer fee or any other fees I'm missing?

Thanks & Happy Holidays

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: BudsGunShop

Well, you'd be looking at the cost of the gun, and shipping, and the FFL transfer fee charged by your local FFL.

Also, they are just like most everyone else right now, backed up. You probably won't get it until after the holidays.

I know for a fact that Bravermans in Wilkinsburg charges $50 for shipped orders, and $35 for face-to-face transfers (both parties in the store). The fees include PICS.

EDIT: Almost forgot, we have a local member that used to do them, but I'm unsure about his FFL status as of now.
    Last edited by Ed in PA; December 17th, 2008 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Update

(Monroe County)

Think all of Bud's prices include S&H, they are definately the best deal out there for guns. I've never found anyone better and they show their prices... what a concept :P

On top of the purchase price you will have to pay the FFL to do the transfer. typically this is 20 - 35+

Thats it, no PA sales tax, no S&H.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Think all of Bud's prices include S&H, they are definately the best deal out there for guns. I've never found anyone better and they show their prices... what a concept :P

On top of the purchase price you will have to pay the FFL to do the transfer. typically this is 20 - 35+

Thats it, no PA sales tax, no S&H.
    That's right dredly, that has been my experience with them also. They used to be much quicker with shipping though. Lately everyone is backed up so I guess that is why they are too. I recently bought 2 S&W M&P pistols from them for $439 delivered. Then I got the $50 S&W mail in rebate for both making them $389 each. Great Deal! Then I got an e-mai lthat will not be doing discounted factory pre-orders like that in the future ( they must have lost money offering that to everyone)

(Lackawanna County)

I placed an order at buds on Friday. I received an enail yesterday telling me the pistol was in shipping. Please note that Bud's website is saying that they will be closed from 12/24 thru 12/28 for Christmas...

You can find a local FFL on this site (they list prices)

http://www.gunbroker.com/user/DealerNetwork.asp

hey thanks, yea i noticed i wont be able to buy anything until after the holiday season anyway so wont affect me much. ed in pa recommended braverman's but i also noticed A&S Shooting Range was a Dealer and I have shot there a handful of times so im going to see what the transfer will be for them.

(Allegheny County)

For a transfuse try:

Lock Stock & Barrel Firearms
    Mark Richardson
    2783 Tischler Rd
    Bethel Park, PA 15102
    (412) 953-1612

$20 Fee $5 PICS
    Mark is a great guy to work with.
    I ordered from Buds, the day before election and it was a great experience.
    "He who goes unarmed in paradise had better be sure that is where he is."
    -- James Thurber

(Allegheny County)

When you call around for prices, don't just ask how much a transfer is. Be specific. Ask how much a transfer is when having a handgun shipped to them.

Some charge more to do that than they do for walk-in transfers.
    (As noted above by Ed, in regards to Braverman's fees)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Bud's is a great place to do business with. I always check there first. I don't think all their deals include shipping. Using credit cards costs extra. I sent them a money order to get the best price.

Shop around for an FFL agent. I found one through GunBroker.com that charges $12.50 and made two trips to my home. One to drop off a copy of his paperwork for Bud's to ship it and one to do the transfer. I tried to tip him for all the personal service and he refused. I've used him twice already in the last 6 months or so.
    Howard - I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!

(Monroe County)

I just ran a check on Buds for a CZ 2075 RAMI P . Last one they sold was 550. Did a gallery of guns local search and found it foe 514, with tax 544 and most of my locals will match. I`d rather by local.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast