Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default available anterless license

I was checking the PGC site today and noticed there is in excess of 17,000 antlerless licenses still available for WMU 2B. Any specific reason there are still so many available? I realize they have the second highest allocation, but doesn't 17,000 seem a little high? Is it that there are far fewer hunters than they anticipated or maybe they have the allocation grossly overinflated? Anyone have any explanation for this? Just curious.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: available anterless license

Quote Originally Posted by tlh View Post
    I was checking the PGC site today and noticed there is in excess of 17,000 antlerless licenses still available for WMU 2B. Any specific reason there are still so many available? I realize they have the second highest allocation, but doesn't 17,000 seem a little high? Is it that there are far fewer hunters than they anticipated or maybe they have the allocation grossly overinflated? Anyone have any explanation for this? Just curious.
    I don't really care why there are so many left. I plan on picking one up this friday.

(Monroe County)

take a look at what area 2B is...

not much hunting in Pittsburgh. Allegheny county is basically Pittsburgh and surrounding area
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(York County)

Where did you find that info? I would like to know about 5B.

Also can you get any others that are still left even if you already got your 3? Or am I just greedy?

EDIT: NM, I'm an idiot, you gave me the answer in your first 6 words.
    Last edited by Arch007er; December 16th, 2008 at 09:51 PM.
    "Skin that'n pilgrim, and I'll git ya another"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    take a look at what area 2B is...

not much hunting in Pittsburgh. Allegheny county is basically Pittsburgh and surrounding area
    My thoughts exactly. I live in Allegheny County. I was just curious of why there is such a big allocation. I'm thinking they are basing their numbers off of pure demographics.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlh View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I live in Allegheny County. I was just curious of why there is such a big allocation. I'm thinking they are basing their numbers off of pure demographics.
    I wish that was the case in my WMU, I just can't get enough of deer hunting. Plus I need to try my new broadheads out. If I knew of a place over there, I would be there in a second. Do you just go to any place that sells hunting licenses and buy an antlerless tag?
    "Skin that'n pilgrim, and I'll git ya another"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Arch007er View Post
    I wish that was the case in my WMU, I just can't get enough of deer hunting. Plus I need to try my new broadheads out. If I knew of a place over there, I would be there in a second. Do you just go to any place that sells hunting licenses and buy an antlerless tag?
    I have been told to go to the Court House in Allegheny County or Washington County and find the Treasurer's office. I will be placing a call tomorrow to confirm. I was also told to bring the regular hunting license with me for verification.

I have not bagged a deer yet this season, and my freezer is kinda empty, so I am hoping to fill the freezer a little with this doe tag for late season.

County treasurer.

(Allegheny County)

It's my understanding that you go to the county treasurer's office which is located in downtown Pittsburgh to buy them. If I knew of a spot I would pass along the info but even though I live in Allegheny I hunt in Washington county. Although, there are some state game lands up towards Wexford that fall partly in Allegheny county. Take a look at the public game lands map they have and you'll see it. It borders Butler county.

(Monroe County)

You may be able to get DMAP tags still? I'm not sure.

If not anyone in or around Monroe County know any farms giving out Red Tags?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast