Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Police Check Card "Stump Rd Police Station"

Any know how long it takes for the Police station to sign & stamp the local police check card? I filled one out and drop it off two weeks ago to the local police station (mine is at Stump Rd). I call back this morning to check up on the status, they told me it's a long process and needed more time to be completed. Someone should contact me when they're done.

Default Re: Police Check Card "Stump Rd Police Station"

I dropped mine off at the Hatfield Township office the other day. I have heard of some people getting them back quickly, I hope mine doesn't take that long. I was hoping to make it to Norristown before I go back to school. They told me they would call me when the process was finished.

~ Derek
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Deliemma View Post
    Any know how long it takes for the Police station to sign & stamp the local police check card? I filled one out and drop it off two weeks ago to the local police station (mine is at Stump Rd). I call back this morning to check up on the status, they told me it's a long process and needed more time to be completed. Someone should contact me when they're done.
    What is a police check card?
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    What is a police check card?
    Dave, those are the cards that some sheriffs require to be filled out by your local police when applying for a LTCF

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    I dropped mine off at the Hatfield Township office the other day. I have heard of some people getting them back quickly, I hope mine doesn't take that long. I was hoping to make it to Norristown before I go back to school. They told me they would call me when the process was finished.

~ Derek

I also recently dropped mine off at Hatfield PD (last Thursday). I was told it would take around a week, and they would call when done.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Dave, those are the cards that some sheriffs require to be filled out by your local police when applying for a LTCF
    Why are they getting the local PD involded, like they know who you are? The sheriff can get all the info he needs to check up on you, Just another way to get people not to apply is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    Why are they getting the local PD involded, like they know who you are? The sheriff can get all the info he needs to check up on you, Just another way to get people not to apply is my guess.
    We have discussed this before and some think it may not even be legal to do this. I guess they want to see if your local PD has had any problems with you that don't show up on the PICS check

Not sure if Montgomery County is the only one that does this police check card thing, but some other counties also have other, different "hoops" they make you jump through.

The thing is with these added requirements is they kind of have you where they want you. They know you'll comply if you want the LTCF, so you'll do what they ask.

And until someone challenges them, they'll keep on doing it.

HiredGoon summed it up pretty well. Just another hoop, although I haven't heard of too many people having trouble with the extra check which is why it has not been challenged IMO.

And I hope mine only takes a week, that would be nice so I could make sure I get my LTCF before I go back to school.

~ Derek
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

(Montgomery County)

I dropped mine off at Montgomeryville PD also, I handed it to the officer then took a seat expecting to get it right back. He told me it takes a couple of weeks, so I left.

About two weeks later I stopped by and asked about it, their policy is for the Chief to sign it and could be sitting on his desk, an hour later I received a phone call saying it was ready to pick up. Don't quote me on this, but I thought I read something somewhere that it had to be signed or denied within 30 days, not sure though.

(Somerset County)

Somerset, Pa is pretty quick maybe a week or 2 is all it took.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast