Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Sig Sauer Training Academy

Anyone have any feedback on attending courses from the Sig Sauer Academy in New Hampshire?
    Barb

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Sig Sauer Training Academy

Yep. I've been there for Advanced Concealed Carry, Low Light / No Light, and CQB. I also hung around for "Steel Wednesday" 3 hours of steel plates = fun!

Really nice facilities, great instructors, and some of the best training I've been to. It's a lead free / environmentally friendly facility which means you'll be shooting frangible ammo. They keep their prices on the ammo more than fair - I searched online and I couldn't find a way to buy the ammo cheaper than Sig was selling it. That said, depending on the course you take and the number of students in it, the ammo bill can get up there quickly. My ammo bill was just shy of $800 after 3 full days. I shot almost 1900 rounds in 3 days, but a lot of that had to do with a small calss size in CQB and Low light / no light - there were only 4 people in CQB and only 2 in Low Light - so there was a lot more time to shoot.

I'm going back for their Bullets and Vehicles course as well as a Force on Force class and a tactical carbine.

Good luck... Skullz
    Complete equality isn't compatible with democracy, but it is agreeable to totalitarianism. After all the only way to ensure the equality of the slothful, the inept and the immoral is to suppress everyone else. - Iain Benson

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Sig Sauer Training Academy

Thank you - sounds like you had fun! I felt SSA was reasonably close and I was hoping to get some positive feedback on it. I am looking into a weekend in the Spring.
    B