Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default 'New Post' - would be nice to allow user defined start time/date

Typically the way I keep up with the forums is to use the 'New Posts' tool. This works great except when I have to log out before perusing all the entries.

For example, I'be been away for a few days. I log in and there are 400 'New Posts'. My time may be limited for this session so in 15 minutes I can't possibly process through all those posts, maybe review the first hundred and have to log out. When I return some time later and log in, the 'New Posts' tool does not show the 300 posts that I didn't see because it just shows new posts made between my last log out time and my current log in.

Would be nice to have, as an option, the user's ability to specify 'give me all posts since xxxx hours on DD/MM/YY' so I can terminate a session, note the time, and pickup up on the new posts by inputting that time during a later log in. In other words the ability to change the current default of last log out time to a user specified time.

Default Re: 'New Post' - would be nice to allow user defined start time/date

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    Typically the way I keep up with the forums is to use the 'New Posts' tool. This works great except when I have to log out before perusing all the entries.

For example, I'be been away for a few days. I log in and there are 400 'New Posts'. My time may be limited for this session so in 15 minutes I can't possibly process through all those posts, maybe review the first hundred and have to log out. When I return some time later and log in, the 'New Posts' tool does not show the 300 posts that I didn't see because it just shows new posts made between my last log out time and my current log in.

Would be nice to have, as an option, the user's ability to specify 'give me all posts since xxxx hours on DD/MM/YY' so I can terminate a session, note the time, and pickup up on the new posts by inputting that time during a later log in. In other words the ability to change the current default of last log out time to a user specified time.
    New posts is a search script based on your last visit time (at least it is in phpbb). It's not something you'd want to play with scriptwise normally.

Use this sparingly, but you could likely wildcard this - but it adds more traffic in the background, so use sparingly like i said

http://forum.pafoa.org/search.php

(Washington County)

Default Re: 'New Post' - would be nice to allow user defined start time/date

I use the "todays posts" link under "quick links." if i miss a day or two, i may miss some posts, but I can live with that. keeps me fairly up to date on the more active posts.

Vince
    www.bloomautomatic.com - Golf Ball Launchers for AR-15, SKS, FAL, and many others

www.bloomautomatic.com/lbsc - Long Branch Sportsman's Club, Long Branch, PA