Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Lowes Warehouse

(Luzerne County)

Default Lowes Warehouse

So i decided to hit a few places today to put my employment application in. I leave the house as i always do, with several items on and about my person. Keys, cell phone, Butterfly knife and my 1911. i stop by the new Lowes warehouse to see about filling out an app. i park walk up to the door, walk in. I ask the guard about filling out an app. and notice the walk through metal detectors.

I pause before going through and tell him I should probably put my firearm in the car. He turns pale and says what. I tell him I am armed and will put it into the car. On the way back in I notice the big sign saying no firearms. I go and come back to where I am met at the door by another gaurd. This one tells me that it is their policy that a firearm can not be on the property.

I say no problem and go. then returned later.

I go in fill out the app. on the way out the one guard ask what I carry. I tell him a Kimber ultra carry. He says nice.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Lowes Warehouse

I have to say I think it's extremely unlikely that any retail chain would have metal detectors. They would be constantly going off for things like keys, belt buckles, and heck, since this is Lowes, tape measures, utility knives, etc. Are you sure they weren't tag detectors for theft prevention?

(Franklin County)

If this is a warehouse (ie - distribution center), it's not unheard of to have this kind of security. I worked for a Staples distribution center, and while they didn't have walk-through detectors, everyone leaving was wanded.
    Last edited by gnbrotz; December 15th, 2008 at 10:58 PM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Agreed Greg, the company I work for works exclusively with DC's and they have better security than most places that should have at least SOME security.

(Montgomery County)

I was interpreting 'warehouse' to mean it was just a regular Lowes (in the sense of 'home improvement warehouse store'). Of course if it wasn't a regular retail outlet, all bets are off.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by toml View Post
    I was interpreting 'warehouse' to mean it was just a regular Lowes (in the sense of 'home improvement warehouse store'). Of course if it wasn't a regular retail outlet, all bets are off.
    No its the new warehouse / distribution center. The place is huge. Being that it is the warehouse, and I want a job. I had no issues complying.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.