Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default HarrisBurg gun show SITREP

Me and my boys went to the H-burg show today.

Got there late in the morning. Monster traffic getting in and a 15 minute wait at the gate after a long walk in.

Their parking basically sucks. They kept all the close spots for the horse auction. I guess gun owners are being put at the 'back of the bus' already.

Inside, it was not too crowded. Steady movement through the aisles was no big deal.

Always makes me marvel at the number of "adults" that need to be reminded to shower once in a while, especially when they are going to be in close proximity to others. Couple of fatties smelled like walking nursing homes (concentrated funk and piss smell)

The gun deals were predictably high. I think the best gun deals were on the backs of the attendees. Still, looked like people were buying.

Ammo prices were not astronomical, but high when gauged in the context of the last year.

I got a couple of good deals, my kids bought some nice knives.

One old guy selling knives and such bric a brac is at every show and keeps telling my kids that the days of the "10 dollar butterfly is gone" and then we always get a laugh out of finding them two aisles over. Good lesson for them, actually.

I always marvel at the high cost especially of Title 2 stuff. Machine guns might as well be made of gold.

Got some good jerky though.

Bought some .308 NATO in the box for $150/500 rounds

Felt pretty good about that.

Bought a k of .45 too for $300

Bought a K of .223 $250 (lightly tumbled South African) probably a bit too much, but hey, when Obama taxes the shit out of existence (Hey y'all, I said I'd leave GUNS alone, not AMMO) I'll be glad I did.

I did sell my rifle, which was good. It financed the ammo sales. The bigger ammo dealer was just about sold out by 2pm. Looks like a lot of guys will be pissing off their wives next month when the credit card statements come out.

It amazes me how many things I can actually live without.

I am a cheap bastard basically, and being older means that I remember the days of $250 broomhandles, $2000 M-16's and $250 1911's

It is tougher now to part with cash for those collectibles now.

All in all? Glad I went.

I'll might or might not go again as I am no fan of the venue. Prices were high, but let's face the fact that ALL gunshows are a sellers market.

Valley Forge at least you can park within eye sight of the friggin building for FREE.

See you at VF on Friday, suckers!
    He was one of God’s own prototypes—a high-powered mutant of some kind who was never even considered for mass production. He was too weird to live and too rare to die....

Default Re: HarrisBurg gun show SITREP

I will only be looking for a scope for the .338WM.

(Dauphin County)

not crowded....yea right....compared to what is usually there it was crowded. Never had to wait in line like that, just shows how crowded it was.

crap forgot all about it, oh well
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Berks County)

500rds of 7.62 NATO for $150? That is a great price by today's standards! For that price I would have bought a few k and then finally bought a rifle to shoot it! (still haven't bought a MBR because I couldn't afford to feed it and I don't like safe queens)

(Lancaster County)

One thing I found kind of funny at the show was with all the drama about guns around children they where having that cheerleader thing IN THE SAME BUILDING with the kids! I'm kind of surprised they let that happen. Nobody seemed to mind and imagine the shock, none of the children where harmed!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by sluggie24 View Post
    500rds of 7.62 NATO for $150? That is a great price by today's standards! For that price I would have bought a few k and then finally bought a rifle to shoot it! (still haven't bought a MBR because I couldn't afford to feed it and I don't like safe queens)

Yeah, I could not believe it was there. It was in an ammo can, NATO spec and in cardboard. It was partnered up with some other cans of some pretty scrubby looking ammo, also in cans that looked like it was salvaged off the Andrea Dora.

But, it was clean so I bought it.
    He was one of God’s own prototypes—a high-powered mutant of some kind who was never even considered for mass production. He was too weird to live and too rare to die....

(Blair County)

That show was insane. I have been at them were tumble weed was blowing through them. Today a thank you O for the increase in gun support.

(York County)

Over the last few years I have been less and less and impressed with the show, so this year I chose not to attend at all.

Dave W.
    3%

(Lancaster County)

My buddy and I went right from work and got there around 2. We are so cheap that we parked at the Agriculture building across the street to save 8 bucks. No line at all at that time, maybe there was a morning rush. I found the show pretty good but I am always amazed at how when your standing at a guys table with hundreds of dollars of cash in your hand he can hardly stop his conversation with his pal, who hes been sitting next to for the last 5 hours, long enough to ask you how he can help you. It just seems like it was alot of hard work setting those tables up so they should try to sell the stuff they have whenever someone is obviously interested. When we ran back across the street, me with my "new" 8 inch Dan Wesson revolver and my friend with his Win 94 both without boxes Im sure we raised a few eyebrows to passing cars who didnt notice what was going on at the complex.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast