Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FNAR

(Susquehanna County)

Default FNAR

I just ordered a new FNAR, 7.62X51, with the heavy barrel from Bud's Gun Shop. It is a semi-auto with a 20 round box magazine. I was considering an M1A but couldn't pass up the deal. Lower price from a great company. Excellent review from Jeff Quinn at gunblast.com
    Anyone have any experience with this item?

Tony

Default Re: FNAR

Its a fantastic semi auto. I own and handload for it. Yes the proof is in the puddin and I am pullin sub MOA thus far. Currently using Sierra MK HPBT Varget CCI BR primers for one hell a combination !! ohh Lapua on the brass. I have seen many people complain about the mag shortage thus far. Head over to Arizona Gun Runners web page and they will MORE than be able to fit your order !!! I see far to many people out there knocking this rifle down, my question is this. If you are not spending a few grand on a super sass or going the 6thousand dollar XM3 route TELL ME WHAT IS OUT THERE that can contend with a semi auto pullin sub moa out of the box !! Wake up people yes this rifle is well worth it even if you had HALF an idea what you were speaking of !!!

(Allegheny County)

Is this the one that looks like it should take FAL mags?

I've been considering one of these as well. A shop near me has the heavy barrels in stock.

http://sgcusa.com/Precision-Rifle-Se...duct_info.html

The only negative thing I see is the price. All these things are is a Browning BAR with an Aluminum receiver, box magazine and a plastic stock that has been run through a sandblaster. You can purchase a Browning Safari BAR with a high polish blued steel receiver, beautiful wood, in a variety of calibers including many Magnum chamberings, for one third less. As far as accuracy, I'm quite certain any BOSS equipped Browning Safari would match, or beat it with proper loads tuned to the rifle. With all of that said the rifle will sell simply because of the existing political climate, and the fact it's a Hi-Cap semi. Bill T.

(Allegheny County)

FWIW, seen a couple of these F'Narrs at Big Buck(s) Sports in Wexford.

I think Dunhams may be starting to get these too.

They are being produced in great numbers, and have a high degree of availability. More shops here have them than don't. Even the Sportsmans Warehouse near me have several. It's a nice gun, as is most everything produced by FNM. I have heard magazine availability is an issue. I've heard like many have they will, and will not take FAL mags. I would think if they in fact do, that would be something worth advertising as many people own FAL's. Sig has always touted the fact in advertising that their 556 rifle accepts AR-15 mags, and with good reason. Bill T.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o308 View Post
    Its a fantastic semi auto. I own and handload for it.
    Approximately how many rounds have you run through it thus far? Any issues to speak of? Bill T.

(Chester County)

Looked at them but went with a LaRue OSR in 7.62x51 it will be 4 or 5 months though......

Let me know how the FNAR is, I might pick one up also.
    Last edited by d90king; May 5th, 2009 at 07:48 AM.

(York County)

I looked at a fnar the other day also. The LaRue OSR looks to be one impressive piece of art. I considered the Wilson Combat Sniper SS (which is close to the price of the LaRue) but would be hard pressed to choose it over the OSR. Let us know if it's more than you expected it to be.

sid

(Schuylkill County)

i just got one..... picked up 4 NIB mags (what shortage?)..... a few boxes of ammo and put my horus scope on it and this thing shoots perfect..

anyone who knocks this rifle bring what you got for 1400 and we'll shoot off.

i can hit soda cans at 600 yds (thanks ATRAG & Horus)

my 24" bull barreled ar was good til 450 for soda cans.

yes granted the operation/maintence require a engineering degree but for accuracy, fit, function.... this one is top notch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast