Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Russian IJ-70 Baikal Makarov

I picked this single stack Russian Makarov up a few months ago figuring that it was too good to let pass me by. I've shot it enough to be confident in it and used it for CCW a couple times, but the truth is that I just like revolvers better. I'd like to sell it to free up a little money to put into a snubby .357, probably an SP-101.
    Here are the details:
    - This is a Russian IJ-70 with adjustable sights. Right now I have it zeroed pretty well at 20 yards with Wolf FMJ ammo and although I'm not that great of a shot with it, it's not that hard to keep all the shots in the head area of a B-27 target at that range.
    - I've shot about 100 rounds of Wolf FMJ through it. Reliability has been perfect - no failures of any kind. Big suprise - It's a Makarov.
    - The finish isn't quite perfect but it's so close that you'll probably have to own the gun for a little while to know the difference. I'd honestly call it 99%.
    - The gun will include a Don Hume IWB holster for a Kahr P9. I had this around and found that it fits the Mak pretty well. I'd imagine that it could be soaked in soapy water and re-molded to fit the makarov even better. If not, it still gives you a decent holster to carry it in.
    - There is one extra magazine included. The gun also wears a hand-all knock off that adds a little comfort. I think the hand-all was stuck onto the original grips with hot glue to keep it from sliding around. Should still peel off if you don't like it but I haven't had it off because I like it better that way.
    - I haven't taken any pics yet, but if there is any sincere interest I'll get some taken.
    - I'm asking $260 shipped. At that price I'll also include my remaining two boxes or so of Wolf FMJ ammo for the gun. If you're willing to meet me at my local FFL for a transfer we can obviously reduce the price to reflect that I won't have to ship. I'd also probably consider trading it and putting some cash into a good used .357 SP-101.

Default Re: Russian IJ-70 Baikal Makarov

Mak is SOLD!