Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Lightbulb Gun buyback for our benifit?

I have an idea that may help us capitalize on the whole idea. As I stated in Gary's thread. What do you guys think about holding a few of these buybacks at local shops that are willing to donate the time and staff to handle the transfers, then we can auction the guns in the classifieds section or where ever. With the proceeds being donated to local charities for say veterans, families and children, or going to groups who support our rights. I mean if we set a buyback price at say $100, and then auction them, I'm sure the members here would be willing to cough up some coin for another gun in the cabinet and a donation to a good cause at the same time. Any thuoghts?

Dave W.
    3%

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Gun buyback for our benifit?

I don't think so... the reason police can get away with it is they take the guns regardless of background / history of them... doing this through a none-gov't entity would mean you are receiving lots of stolen property.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    I mean if we set a buyback price at say $100, and then auction them....
    I think you might have a problem with getting some crap guns and having to shell out $100 for junk. I wouldn't do this to PAFOA obviously, but I have a few crap guns notably a Helwan Brigadier that are just waiting for a buyback with a decent price.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by granuale View Post
    I think you might have a problem with getting some crap guns and having to shell out $100 for junk. I wouldn't do this to PAFOA obviously, but I have a few crap guns notably a Helwan Brigadier that are just waiting for a buyback with a decent price.
    I got a davis P380 waiting for the same thing. Soon as I see one close enough offering enough to make it worth the drive, that thing is history. Of course, I'll probably show up with cash in hand to pick up some long guns, offer $10 more than the buyback.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(York County)

Okay so this is a dead idea then? Oh well.

Dave W
    3%

(Monroe County)

I have a horribly rusted up .22 that I'd part with for 100 bucks without a doubt :P
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    Okay so this is a dead idea then? Oh well.
    Well, I would like to see us do an organized buy outside of a municipal approved one.

I'm thinking we keep an eye out for a very well publicized gun buyback where at least some taxpayer money will be used. A few PAFOAers to set up outside and offer more money for the good guns. We send out a press release and generate positive publicity.

Obviously this is totally doable for long guns as no FFL need be involved. For handguns perhaps a local FFL could be enlisted to do transfers for a low rate.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    I got a davis P380 waiting for the same thing. Soon as I see one close enough offering enough to make it worth the drive, that thing is history. Of course, I'll probably show up with cash in hand to pick up some long guns, offer $10 more than the buyback.
    Just offer cash value of the Gift Card they will be getting. Don't over bid.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

The last few I heard about was only $50 or $75...... and I heard of one shut down that was being run by an private individual, without LEO approval. I don't think it was in PA, though.

(Bucks County)

i dont know about how you said it, but the concept might work. and if not that, we could certanly get something going. maybe get a bunch of guys from pafoa to get together for a group trade thing, just have everybody bring everything they dont want/want to sell/trade in and mingle around, talk shop, and shift stuff around for a day. i dont know how that would work with handguns, but still
    i got shot, you should buy my stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast