Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: Any info on jennings j22?

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    I tried that, but after the cops stopped laughing, they said the streets are actually safer if a J-22 ends up in the hands of a bad guy, and they refused to take it.
    WOW... Good one...

(Allegheny County)

For fifty bucks I would buy it .
    Try it , if you hate it get rid of it .
    Look at what people are paying for them on Gunbroker .
    You can easily get your money back .

Bill

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I have one of those.

Yeah, it's cheap as hell, but it works for me almost all the time.

For 50 bucks I'd buy it.

speaking of pieces of crap. i was shooting my p-22 w/can tonite, the barrel fell out... what a piece of crap. dont buy one. spend the money and get a good quality .22... if anybody knows of a good quality .22 that will support a standard can, i want to know.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

I've got one of these, too. It's actually my father's and he carried it for a long time. I finally convinced him that it wasn't reliable enough to carry and that the caliber is basically insufficient. That being said, I haven't had nearly the problems that most people have had recently. I have very, very big hands and when I first started shooting, I had trouble getting my big paws on the little gun before a good friend taught me about proper grip. Since I was struggling to grip it effectively, I was limp wristing it. Ya, ya...Laugh it up...the big fella was limp wristing a 22. Anyway, since I got my grip sorted out, the gun has functioned reliably enough to be a fun range piece. I'd never carry it, but as cheap as 22 ammo is, it does just fine for plinking. From everything I've heard, these are really hit-or-miss and I guess mine is as much of a hit as any Jennings. For $50, I would say go for it and if it's a clunker, you'll get at least most of your money back. Sure its a gamble and you might lose $20 or so, but I figure there are tons of worse ways to waste a $20.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeM31 View Post
    I've got one of these, too. It's actually my father's and he carried it for a long time. I finally convinced him that it wasn't reliable enough to carry and that the caliber is basically insufficient. That being said, I haven't had nearly the problems that most people have had recently. I have very, very big hands and when I first started shooting, I had trouble getting my big paws on the little gun before a good friend taught me about proper grip. Since I was struggling to grip it effectively, I was limp wristing it. Ya, ya...Laugh it up...the big fella was limp wristing a 22. Anyway, since I got my grip sorted out, the gun has functioned reliably enough to be a fun range piece. I'd never carry it, but as cheap as 22 ammo is, it does just fine for plinking. From everything I've heard, these are really hit-or-miss and I guess mine is as much of a hit as any Jennings. For $50, I would say go for it and if it's a clunker, you'll get at least most of your money back. Sure its a gamble and you might lose $20 or so, but I figure there are tons of worse ways to waste a $20.
    sounds like you got a winner... you can have mine for 50.00 plus shipping to your ffl. its brand new never shot (by me).
    FJB

(Bedford County)

Wrist Rocket sling shots are $20 and hit just as hard, plus they are more reliable.

(Lebanon County)

I have 2 J-22s and my dad has one. Ours are very reliable if kept clean and lubed. I wouldn't trust my life to it, but I'd rather have something affordable that's 98% reliable than go without anything at all.
    On the other hand, I had a Jennings J-9 9mm. What a piece of shit that was!
    It wouldn't feed or extract any kind of ammo reliably. It felt good in my hand until I fired it. That was the most uncomfortable handgun I ever fired. I sold it back to the dealer I bought it from and he told me that when he test fired it the slide flew off of the gun. I guess I got rid of it just in time and I'm damn glad he didn't get hurt.
    For $50.00 I'd probably buy another J-22 if I was in the market for another little .22, but like I said before, I wouldn't trust my life to it.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

I'd put the money towards a Taurus PT22 if you want a compact, inexpensive 22. I have one, had it for years. I have never had a problem with it and I can shoot as accurately with it as any of my other pistols. Although I never tried it past 50 ft. ( I have shot my Beretta 92FS out to 100 yards)

Throw it in the river & run!
    "343" Never Forgotten

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast