Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Ted Nugent on deer hunting.

He was being interviewed by a British journalist.
    The journalist asked, "What do you think the last thought is in the head of a deer before you shoot it? Is it, `Are you my friend?` or is it `Are you the one who killed my brother?'"

Nugent replied, "They aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French in that way."

Default Actually, read it context...

That was an insult to the journalist... "I don't think they're capable of either of those thoughts, you Limey a$$hole. They're only interested in three things: the best place to eat, having sex and how quickly they can run away. Much like the French."

Never the less, I wouldnt make him an expert on firearms, deer or the French... Just out of interest, the name derives from a city in France!

The Nugent family appears to have originally lived in one of the many places called Nogent in France. The surname Nugent belongs to the large category of Anglo-Norman habitation names, which are derived from pre-existing names for towns, villages, parishes, or farmsteads. The Gaelic form of the surname Nugent is Nuinseann
    Last edited by Frenchy; July 10th, 2006 at 01:30 AM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Ted Nugent on deer hunting.

Funny stuff
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Actually, read it context...

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    That was an insult to the journalist... "I don't think they're capable of either of those thoughts, you Limey a$$hole. They're only interested in three things: the best place to eat, having sex and how quickly they can run away. Much like the French."

Never the less, I wouldnt make him an expert on firearms, deer or the French... Just out of interest, the name derives from a city in France!

The Nugent family appears to have originally lived in one of the many places called Nogent in France. The surname Nugent belongs to the large category of Anglo-Norman habitation names, which are derived from pre-existing names for towns, villages, parishes, or farmsteads. The Gaelic form of the surname Nugent is Nuinseann
    You could say that about my family as well... But if it wasn't for them you'd be drinking tea and saying god bless the queen.
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Chester County)

Nugent would do gun owners a favor by shutting the hell up once in a while.

This doesn't help us at all:

And his affiliation with the NRA also hurts us all in my opinion. They'd do well to distance themselves from him. He (and his ilk) are the reason I won't align myself with the NRA, and I'm sure others feel the same way. Any group is known to their opposition and the unfamiliar by the rantings of their most radical members, and if the members don't denounce the loons, they are accepting that endorsement. He is the face of the NRA to many Americans, and not distancing themselves from his ignorant ass make gun enthusiasts everywhere look bad.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolff View Post

And his affiliation with the NRA also hurts us all in my opinion. They'd do well to distance themselves from him. He (and his ilk) are the reason I won't align myself with the NRA, and I'm sure others feel the same way. Any group is known to their opposition and the unfamiliar by the rantings of their most radical members, and if the members don't denounce the loons, they are accepting that endorsement. He is the face of the NRA to many Americans, and not distancing themselves from his ignorant ass make gun enthusiasts everywhere look bad.
    so what...they cant paint us all with the same brush just because he said how he feels!...thats like saying all cops are bad because the one that gave viper shit treated him wrong. I think its pretty funny
    guns kill people...like my bottle opener got me drunk!!

(Lehigh County)

Whats wrong with having a voice. Can't grill it till you kill it is awful, I know. In a era where Matt Damon and the ilk can spew their shit, when it's our side we have to coward and be embarrassed over it, no stand up for what you believe in. Although Uncle Ted is over the top, he stated dislike for some political figures so what.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by A-5 View Post
    Whats wrong with having a voice. Can't grill it till you kill it is awful, I know. In a era where Matt Damon and the ilk can spew their shit, when it's our side we have to coward and be embarrassed over it, no stand up for what you believe in. Although Uncle Ted is over the top, he stated dislike for some political figures so what.
    There's nothing wrong with having a voice. I'm not saying anyone shouldn't be free to say whatever they want. I'm saying that I don't want him speaking for me, so I won't align myself with any group that embraced this hate spewing, and I know a LOT of younger gun enthusiasts feel the same way.

For the record, I don't think "Can't grill it till you kill it" is awful. I think saying the sitting POTUS should suck on your machine gun is awful. I don't think using tact and being polite is the same as cowering and being embarrassed. The strongest arguments that can be made (for anything) are logical, unemotional statements that are based on fact. When the conversation denigrates to name calling, both sides have stopped listening. There is a compelling case for gun ownership in America, but if this guy is the "spokesman" for it, then many will never hear it.
    Last edited by TheWolff; March 28th, 2012 at 08:45 AM.

(Bucks County)

There's nothing wrong with having a voice. I'm not saying anyone shouldn't be free to say whatever they want. I'm saying that I don't want him speaking for me, so I won't align myself with any group that embraced this hate spewing, and I know a LOT of younger gun enthusiasts feel the same way.

For the record, I don't think "Can't grill it till you kill it" is awful. I think saying the sitting POTUS should suck on your machine gun is awful.
    How is he speaking for us?
    guns kill people...like my bottle opener got me drunk!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Vsgiovinazzo View Post
    How is he speaking for us?
    http://www.meetthenra.org/

Whose picture is there on the desk of the "Meet the NRA Leadership" website? He's a board member http://meetthenra.org/nra-member/Ted%20Nugent. On that same page, it says in 2008 he was paid 40k by them. By being in the NRA leadership, he becomes (to the antis) the voice/face of gun ownership, whether we like it or not. We can't choose that any more than all Christians are viewed by their opposition as accepting the beliefs of Pat Robertson or Falwell (even though many are not). We CAN decide if we'll pay for membership into a club that accepts his viewpoints and puts money directly into his pocket. I choose not to because I don't think it furthers our cause, and I know I'm not alone in thinking so.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast